What is the relationship between Trek Discovery and Prime Timeline Treklit ?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Re: What is the relationship between Trek Discovery and Prime Timeline Treklit ?

Post by Darth Wedgius »

GandALF wrote: I know I posted it in the other thread but its super revelant:

Worf:"You never told me that your wife was opposed to this marriage!"
Martok:"Sirella is a woman of strong convictions; she believes that by bringing aliens into our families we risk losing our identities as Klingons."
Worf:"That is a prejudiced, xenophobic view!"
Martok:"We are Klingons, Worf! We don't embrace other cultures, we conquer them! If someone wishes to join us, they must honor our traditions, and prove themselves worthy of wearing the crest of a Great House."

That's from DS9's You Are Cordially Invited from 20 years ago so its not new and not necessarily about ethnic purity exactly but about maintaining their independence and uniqueness, this is consistent with the "home sapiens only club" line in TUC and its clear in TNG that a lot of Klingons despise allying with the Federation.
Fair enough -- that's an episode I don't think I've re-watched, and cultural purity and ethnic purity might not be that far apart. I stand mostly-corrected on that front, I think.
J!!
Captain

Re: What is the relationship between Trek Discovery and Prime Timeline Treklit ?

Post by J!! »

My assumption from the beginning has been that this is in the Abrams reboot continuity. Does anyone have an official source starting otherwise?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Ask and you shall receive:
Screnerant wrote:current executive producers Alex Kurtzman (The Mummy), Gretchen J. Berg and Aaron Harberts (Pushing Daisies) – have each insisted Discovery takes place in the Prime Timeline of Star Trek.
Linkity Split
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu