VOY - Prey

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
cdrood
Officer

Re: VOY - Prey

Post by cdrood »

One thing to consider is where does the Prime Directive come into play in this situation. It's more or less a private matter between the Hirogen and 8472. Couldn't you argue that Janeway is duty bound to not interfere?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: VOY - Prey

Post by CharlesPhipps »

cdrood wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:24 am One thing to consider is where does the Prime Directive come into play in this situation. It's more or less a private matter between the Hirogen and 8472. Couldn't you argue that Janeway is duty bound to not interfere?
The 8472 is on their ship and the Hirogen are hunting it there. Even the most nonsensical interpretation of the Prime Directive knows that it doesn't apply when it's happening in your backyard. Oddly, it reminds me of that Hunt episode of DS9 where Sisko basically is like, "could you take this elsewhere?" Correctly deducing its nothing he can interfere with.

I understand Janeway's reasoning here because the Hirogen are more understandably overtly "evil" while the 8472 creature is seemingly alien and Janeway eventually does discover they're perfectly rationale beings with a language/culture barrier.

But yes, top marks for the ending where it's like, "Yep. Not our problem."