Bounty Hunters for Abortions

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Bounty Hunters for Abortions

Post by Madner Kami »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:33 pm So apparently they set up anonymous tip line. https://prolifewhistleblower.com/ Hmm...
Congrats, you arrived in Germany's 1930s. You now have your own Blockwarte.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

https://www.theonion.com/new-texas-abor ... 1847599390
https://www.theonion.com/new-texas-law- ... 1847602167
things these days are really, really hard to parody, so congrats to the onion for pulling it off

Also gotta say, this whole anti-choice thing makes it harder to pay attention to them sneaking in laws that let unlicensed, untrained citizens open carry firearms, and their anti-voting measures. This is how you cement the rule of a political minority.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:42 am I'm of the 'your body, your choice' school, but also the 'heavily encourage and provide access to and education on PREVENTIVE contraceptives wherever possible' school.

But that would both cost money and lead to MORE safe, recreational, intercourse, which these scumbags do NOT want... OTHER people having...
I am of the same school. Not my body not my choice.

Want to prevent as many abortions as possible? Teach proper sex ed. Don't act like teenagers will not have sex because you tell them not to. Insurance should always cover contraceptives. No matter what.
I got nothing to say here.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I've always been pro-choice. And I hate any system that encourages neighbors to snitch on others. This is no different. It's not the only one. But it's the newest one. Shows how far we've sunk as a people and as a nation. Nothing good can come from this. Nothing. But that is who we are now. Gotta love America, right?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Yukaphile wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 1:58 am I've always been pro-choice. And I hate any system that encourages neighbors to snitch on others. This is no different. It's not the only one. But it's the newest one. Shows how far we've sunk as a people and as a nation. Nothing good can come from this. Nothing. But that is who we are now. Gotta love America, right?
Spying on each other and reporting to the state. Gotta love it.
I got nothing to say here.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Madner Kami wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:31 am
clearspira wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:59 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:41 am Texas has been chipping away at abortion rights for a long time, but the whole "we will pay people cash money to snitch on their neighbors" thing is new. What's also new is the Supreme court going "I guess we can't do anything about this, oh well uwu". https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/02/politics ... index.html

Time travel back to the era of sharpened coat hangers, boiling water, and belly-flops off the garage roof. .-.
I'm pro-abortion because rape. For every other scenario, if you are mature enough to be having sex, then you are mature enough for me to have absolutely no sympathy for you at all if you do not wear a condom. Personal responsibility seems to be a dirty phrase nowadays.
You do realize that no contraceptive, not even vasectomies and abstinence, is 100% reliable? Also, what about cases where the pregnancy is a danger to the mother? Or what about cases where carrying out the child will lead to the child being abandoned, because the parents can't or don't want to care for it?
Uhm. How is abstinence not 100% reliable? Are you referring to Jesus?

I am with you in including medical issues to the rape point. The can't or don't want to care for a child they conceived. . There are those that change their minds after birth. Because raising a baby is hard. So I think that part is a slippery slope. And could lead to such laws as the courts deciding who is allowed to have children.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Nealithi wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:08 amUhm. How is abstinence not 100% reliable? Are you referring to Jesus?
Among others options, yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_case (If you follow the story, you'll have an idea where the child may have come from, despite a lack of any direct intercourse.)

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg ... no-father/ (Though no "full" parthenogenesis has been scientifically documented in humans, the fact that an egg can actually start the process of developing into a fetus without fertilization, indicates that there is a possibility that this may actually happen under very specific though extremely rare circumstances.)
Nealithi wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:08 amI am with you in including medical issues to the rape point. The can't or don't want to care for a child they conceived. . There are those that change their minds after birth. Because raising a baby is hard. So I think that part is a slippery slope. And could lead to such laws as the courts deciding who is allowed to have children.
Dunno how you come to create a court-based slippery slope there. That's a bit of a non-sequitur, as the decission whether someone wants to care for a child or not, is their own. Courts have exactly zero business there.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

Let’s cut the bullshit. This has always been about limp dicks trying to control women. If they gave a shit about the babies, they wouldn’t work to hard to make life hell for poor families. George Carlin said it best:

youtu.be/vZijLQGH1v0
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Madner Kami wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:10 am
Nealithi wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:08 amUhm. How is abstinence not 100% reliable? Are you referring to Jesus?
Among others options, yes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_case (If you follow the story, you'll have an idea where the child may have come from, despite a lack of any direct intercourse.)

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg ... no-father/ (Though no "full" parthenogenesis has been scientifically documented in humans, the fact that an egg can actually start the process of developing into a fetus without fertilization, indicates that there is a possibility that this may actually happen under very specific though extremely rare circumstances.)
Nealithi wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:08 amI am with you in including medical issues to the rape point. The can't or don't want to care for a child they conceived. . There are those that change their minds after birth. Because raising a baby is hard. So I think that part is a slippery slope. And could lead to such laws as the courts deciding who is allowed to have children.
Dunno how you come to create a court-based slippery slope there. That's a bit of a non-sequitur, as the decission whether someone wants to care for a child or not, is their own. Courts have exactly zero business there.
Well a number of people here have the point that the courts have zero business telling a woman what can be done with her own body. But they got involved anyway.
pilight
Officer

Post by pilight »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:33 pm So apparently they set up anonymous tip line. https://prolifewhistleblower.com/ Hmm...
If that was an official government site it would be .gov