TNG: Gambit

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Deledrius
Captain

Re: TNG: Gambit

Post by Deledrius »

Fianna wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:26 am I think there is a basis for saying that TOS Trek, TNG thru Enterprise Trek, and Discovery onward Trek function like separate franchises. They try to keep continuity with each other, and some people who worked on one will also work on another, but each has its own style and identity distinct from the other two.
That's probably really the best way to consider the three eras.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: TNG: Gambit

Post by clearspira »

Deledrius wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:33 pm
Fianna wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:26 am I think there is a basis for saying that TOS Trek, TNG thru Enterprise Trek, and Discovery onward Trek function like separate franchises. They try to keep continuity with each other, and some people who worked on one will also work on another, but each has its own style and identity distinct from the other two.
That's probably really the best way to consider the three eras.
It is a good analysis although I would make an argument for a fourth era that comprises of TNG season 1.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.