We need to fix the fuckin' Internet!

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
King Green
Officer

We need to fix the fuckin' Internet!

Post by King Green »

Whelp, my computer got infected by another early 2000 site that promised Korean anime for $12 only to give me bad malware to crash all my saved games, forcing me to replay them.

*sigh* Are we really naïve or extremely evil? I can't go every year paying legal con subscriptions of tech-support for my cpu because it say "severe malware detected" please renew the anti-virus you already paid and we do jack-shit.

I like this pc and I hate to be the the elite's bottom bitch when these type of legal cons make millions while indy devsare already struggling to do two (or three?) things: Make an open and fair grey-collar market and independently, with discipline and 3rd party review of course, monitor various data-transfers to local media and R&D facilities.

I straight up fuckin' hate, HATE, this type of abuse continued after 4 decades when the internets was barely out of its "skeleton" phase and now looks like a flesh-blob monster that cries in agony while commanded by our will to misuse and corrupts words to folks who just wants to be friends or honest clients.
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
sayla0079
Captain

Re: We need to fix the fuckin' Internet!

Post by sayla0079 »

Tip as someone that goes on the internet a lot if you are worried about virus and malware stay away from the dodgy sites.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Have you tried looking on Netflix with your VPN set to different regions? There's a lot more on there than it looks like without it. It's also not quite as illegal.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
King Green
Officer

Post by King Green »

I'll try but if Mcafree and windows starts acting like jackass's, I will steam more than Chuck when he found out cancel culture successfully squirmed it's fat, acidic worm ass into the Trek fandom and initiate a civil war. for the lulz!!!!
Do not pity a Slave for the Slave-Lord, but hear the power of what Chaos can be.
All Beings bow before the children of he who bound their flesh by their words.
Fall and wail, all flesh, bone, soul,& power is a servant to Yun-man, the First Slave-Lord.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

King Green wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:47 am I'll try but if Mcafree and windows starts acting like jackass's, I will steam more than Chuck when he found out cancel culture successfully squirmed it's fat, acidic worm ass into the Trek fandom and initiate a civil war. for the lulz!!!!
OOh. McAfee? Sorry I stopped using them when they had a dispute with Comcast so they disabled virus support on all the clients from Comcast. Odd as it may be I went back to Norton. (I used to not like them since an early version of Norton had declared windows a virus and wiped my drive.)

As to fix the internet. In what way? It seems to me all the viruses and malware are always there. Unable to be properly removed. Just inoculated against.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Go Chromebook. I haven't bought anti-virus in years. Or Microsoft Rip-Off 365 for that matter.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

clearspira wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:13 pm Go Chromebook. I haven't bought anti-virus in years. Or Microsoft Rip-Off 365 for that matter.
Yeah, my next machine is likely to be a Linux (a Raspberry Pi 400), mostly out of financial constraints. I've heard good things about their security.