Trek Moments You Can't Wait For Chuck to Talk About

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Deledrius
Captain

Re: Trek Moments You Can't Wait For Chuck to Talk About

Post by Deledrius »

stryke wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:35 am Hell the only ep in season 2 I don't like is the one with the Ferengi was because it reminded me of Rick and Morty with all the 'comedic' death, shit tasting, and body horror.
Oh no, are you telling me it's going to get worse if I continue? That sounds really awful.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

American cartoons after about 2005 suck in general imo. They all seem to be aimed at little kids no matter how many ''mature'' jokes they throw in. I think that's because anime cornered the market for teens and adults and so Americans feel as if they only have one market left.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

There is nothing more juvenile than someone making a point of trying to be adult.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Wow, how do you not like Lower Decks? Its great. All the characters are fun and the writers are clearly huge Trek nerds and love the property, and are playng aroung with things I wish the live shows had done somewhere along the way. They've actually done stuff with the Orions that somehow none of the live shows have touched in fifty years, and they added a TAMARIAN to the crew in season 2!

Unlike Discovery or the Abrams movies where they actively hate Trek.

(Discovery season 3 is actually pretty good. Their FOURTH set of showrunners finally got it right, along with the hard reboot.)
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Wait they did?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I mean everyone basically agrees DISCO season 3 is good except for the people who liked 1 and 2.

Which is the irony.

But yes, I want Chuck to finish reviewing Picard.

And anyone who doesn't like Lower Decks has no soul.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:30 pm Wait they did?
Yeah, I had zero desire to watch Discovery season 3 becaue I hated the first two. But my wife wanted to so... we watched it.

And very quickly I was caught up and *wanting* to see the next episodes. At the end of the season I was actually looking forward to season 4. Discovery season 3 went a long, long way towards fixing itself, it felt like Trek again. Optimistic, and did stuff with the whole cast, not just Michael, changed the setting (to the 29th century) so there were actual new things to see....It was a vast, vast improvement.

If you gave up after season 1, you can just skip season 2 and start on 3.

They really did have to change the people in charge like 4 times to get there though. Hopefully the second season of Picard and Strange New Worlds follow closer to that.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

You think they will stay in the farther future for season 4?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:50 pm You think they will stay in the farther future for season 4?
I was devastated to find out they weren't returning to the past. NOOOOOOOOO!

:)
Thebestoftherest
Captain

got to get back, back to the past, samurai trek.