Good news! Stores in the UK are finally able to fill up their shelves again...

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Good news! Stores in the UK are finally able to fill up their shelves again...

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I'm not surprised, UK. Not surprised one bit.
..What mirror universe? ;/
Riedquat
Captain

Re: Good news! Stores in the UK are finally able to fill up their shelves again...

Post by Riedquat »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:15 pm I'm not surprised, UK. Not surprised one bit.
At what? Something that doesn't appear to stack up and contradicts personal experience? There were some notable shortages in the early Covid days when people paniced a bit but I've not seen anything since (unless you count the stupid petrol panic from a couple of weeks ago).
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Riedquat wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:06 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:15 pm I'm not surprised, UK. Not surprised one bit.
At what? Something that doesn't appear to stack up and contradicts personal experience? There were some notable shortages in the early Covid days when people paniced a bit but I've not seen anything since (unless you count the stupid petrol panic from a couple of weeks ago).
Because when I go to the grocery store for asparagus they better have it. We had an issue with toilet paper because people were stockpiling it at the start of covid... but not this.

Again. Not surprised in the least this is how you guys as a country are managing Covid.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:04 am
Because when I go to the grocery store for asparagus they better have it. We had an issue with toilet paper because people were stockpiling it at the start of covid... but not this.

Again. Not surprised in the least this is how you guys as a country are managing Covid.
742 thousand deaths in your country. Glass houses and stones comes to mind.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

clearspira wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:52 am

Oh hehe, comeon now I actually don't even shop for vegetables. Let's not say things we can't take back.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:35 pm

Oh hehe, comeon now I actually don't even shop for vegetables. Let's not say things we can't take back.
That's right. Here in 'Murica we get our asparagus the old fashioned way.
We hunt it with shotguns.
:P
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Nealithi wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:54 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:35 pm

That's right. Here in 'Murica we get our asparagus the old fashioned way.
We hunt it with shotguns.
:P
And use TNT get our carrots and potatoes. Though there is a movement of us hunting baby carrots and baby corn. A bunch of tree huggers i tell ya.
I got nothing to say here.
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

That would make the percent per population death rate for COVID:
0.22% USA
0.21% UK
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:00 pm

That would make the percent per population death rate for COVID:
0.22% USA
0.21% UK
There you are then. Worse. :lol:
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Great! Finally both countries are in the Top 30 worldwide for something...

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox