Ghostbusters (2016) Reboot: Does Anyone Actually Remember This?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Ghostbusters (2016) Reboot: Does Anyone Actually Remember This?

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Mabus 'deadcatting?'
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Frustration wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:26 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:00 am The feminism didn't make the movie bad. The movie bad made the movie bad.
Actual feminism wouldn't have been a problem. The parody of feminism that seemed to be motivating the making of that movie WAS a problem. Janine, the secretary from Ghostbusters, wasn't stupid. She was a cynical and stressed woman whose deadpan acceptance of her crazy employers was a source of humor. The secretary guy from AtC? A buffoon who was hired as eye-candy.

Janine was quite attractive, but she was neither an idiot nor eye-candy.

It wasn't a good movie in practically every possible sense.
A little off topic, but the actress who played Janine is in Young Sheldon. She is still quite attractive.
I got nothing to say here.
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

And she's in the upcoming Ghostbusters movie, as Janine!
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Frustration wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:26 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:00 am The feminism didn't make the movie bad. The movie bad made the movie bad.
Actual feminism wouldn't have been a problem. The parody of feminism that seemed to be motivating the making of that movie WAS a problem. Janine, the secretary from Ghostbusters, wasn't stupid. She was a cynical and stressed woman whose deadpan acceptance of her crazy employers was a source of humor. The secretary guy from AtC? A buffoon who was hired as eye-candy.

Janine was quite attractive, but she was neither an idiot nor eye-candy.

It wasn't a good movie in practically every possible sense.
I am with you here, heck it actually just ends up being one more way the fembuster are inferority to the original coutnerpart, the original knew how to run a business why these gals don't.
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

And just like every dipshit discussion of this movie, we are at the,
"Fuck feminism", "fuck this feminism", "this isn't feminisms", "oh yeah what about (other thing with women in it) huh", and the ever popular "They are the one's who invited my bitching about feminism".

It is like internet chud bingo.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
Thebestoftherest
Captain

So your problem is that they talk to much about the feminism of the film, okay that is fair. Maybe they should have actually got a director that could do his job.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Rocketboy1313 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:05 am And just like every dipshit discussion of this movie, we are at the,
"Fuck feminism", "fuck this feminism", "this isn't feminisms", "oh yeah what about (other thing with women in it) huh", and the ever popular "They are the one's who invited my bitching about feminism".

It is like internet chud bingo.
Well gee I wonder why? Maybe because there is a pretty bad element of feminism in it? Of course it's going to be eventually discussed.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Or how since it a non funny comedy movie, there is very little else to actually cover.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

One problem I have it both thought it was better than the original while nicking ideas from it so comparison is nearly impossible to the original.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:10 am One problem I have it both thought it was better than the original while nicking ideas from it so comparison is nearly impossible to the original.
Aside from having four people, including one of color, proton packs, ghosts and the movie is named Ghostbusters, there is really nothing in common with each other.

The big issue with the movie isn't the movie itself but having the studio and the director directly insulting fans who are critical of the movie. And to this day, the director still does that when the movie is brought up.