Lesbians being pressured into sex by pre-op transwomen

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Lesbians being pressured into sex by pre-op transwomen

Post by McAvoy »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:24 pm
Frustration wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:02 pm If a person knowingly gets themselves totally wasted, I'd say they're actively seeking to get into trouble and are essentially consenting to not being able to consent.
what the fuck dude
Yeah. That was just a long way of saying 'she was asking for it'.

There is a huge difference with fucking with someone who is drunk like writing on their face while drunk for example to actually taking advantage of a woman or man who is unable to say no.
I got nothing to say here.
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:31 pm
Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:41 pm First, what does that have to do with the topic?
Essentially transphobia and people's bad reaction to potential partners being trans is nothing remotely new nor is the fact that women are having a bad reaction to transmen anything particularly noteworthy since men have been having bad reactions for decades. There's a sense this is a "new" development in the OP and it certainly isn't.
Second, Nip/Tuck is fiction, and not very good fiction at that.
I think it's preferable to use fictional examples when discussing these sorts of topics on a fantasy board because otherwise it's gross and exploitative. Besides, we're discussing the emotions and actions taken from them versus the actual events of RL that we can't have a 100% insight into. Hence fiction being much more useful than RL.
People generally have a bad reaction when they see themselves as being defrauded and matters of sex bring up some of the rawest, most powerful emotions a human can experience. That is one reason why societies develop etiquitte and rituals around forming sexual relationships in an attempt temper them.

One needs to careful about drawing conclusions from fictional scenarios as the writer controls the motivations of both sides of the conflict and will often straw man the antagonist.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
Mickey_Rat15
Officer

Post by Mickey_Rat15 »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:35 am
clearspira wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:15 am BTW, have you noticed that this only ever goes one way? Transmen aren't complaining that they cannot have sex with men, transmen aren't complaining that they cannot use men's prisons.
My actual, real-life gay trans friend is annoyed because a lot of men get grossed out when they find out he's a vagina. He says this is a common problem.
The issue here is what one is defining the problem as. Is it that your friend is looking for a gay man who does not mind having a partner with a vagina, which presumably is a small subset of a relatively small subset of the population thereby narrowing your friend's choices considerably, or is the problem that gay men generally prefer sex partners who have penises?

Defining it as the latter implies there is something wrong with having a sexual preference.
A managed democracy is a wonderful thing... for the managers... and its greatest strength is a 'free press' when 'free' is defined as 'responsible' and the managers define what is 'irresponsible'.”

― Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I always think of Captain Jack when I see this kind of conversation.

"You guys, with your cute little categories."
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

hammerofglass wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:39 pm I always think of Captain Jack when I see this kind of conversation.

"You guys, with your cute little categories."
Yeah, same.

As to that classic scenario, I'd be 'not what I expected, but I can work with this.'

If we've actually gone that far, I'm not stoping unless they tell me to.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:38 pm
People generally have a bad reaction when they see themselves as being defrauded and matters of sex bring up some of the rawest, most powerful emotions a human can experience. That is one reason why societies develop etiquitte and rituals around forming sexual relationships in an attempt temper them.

One needs to careful about drawing conclusions from fictional scenarios as the writer controls the motivations of both sides of the conflict and will often straw man the antagonist.
Of course the defense that they're being "tricked" or "trapped" is based on transphobia, especially violently so.

As for fictional scenarios, again, its just my preference because I don't like using real people's death and pain to talk about subjects in the hypothetical.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:58 pmOf course the defense that they're being "tricked" or "trapped" is based on transphobia, especially violently so.
Relationships, at least of the more-than-one-night kind of type, demand a lot of investment in time, emotions, cognition and economic efforts. If someone invests that much into it, only to get the rug pulled out from under their feet, then I don't think it's transphobia causing a huge backlash. Percieving it as being tricked or trapped into something they wouldn't want in the first place if they had known all the facts, is quite a fitting description in my eyes (even though there's no ill intend behind the action, but quite more likely a form of self-defense). Naturally violence isn't justified by that, doubly so if it's at the end of an abruptly ended one night stand, but I doubt I have to point that out.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:03 pm
clearspira wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:15 am BTW, have you noticed that this only ever goes one way? Transmen aren't complaining that they cannot have sex with men, transmen aren't complaining that they cannot use men's prisons.
My actual, real-life gay trans friend is annoyed because a lot of men get grossed out when they find out he's a vagina. He says this is a common problem.
The issue here is what one is defining the problem as. Is it that your friend is looking for a gay man who does not mind having a partner with a vagina, which presumably is a small subset of a relatively small subset of the population thereby narrowing your friend's choices considerably, or is the problem that gay men generally prefer sex partners who have penises?

Defining it as the latter implies there is something wrong with having a sexual preference.
This is why I don't understand the trans community. I am all for them to be what they want or need to be to make themselves feel comfortable in their own skin. I don't understand but I do accept.

The vanilla gay community I understand. A gay man likes men. A gay woman likes women. Got it. Love. Makes sense to me.
I got nothing to say here.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:14 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:58 pmOf course the defense that they're being "tricked" or "trapped" is based on transphobia, especially violently so.
Relationships, at least of the more-than-one-night kind of type, demand a lot of investment in time, emotions, cognition and economic efforts. If someone invests that much into it, only to get the rug pulled out from under their feet, then I don't think it's transphobia causing a huge backlash. Percieving it as being tricked or trapped into something they wouldn't want in the first place if they had known all the facts, is quite a fitting description in my eyes (even though there's no ill intend behind the action, but quite more likely a form of self-defense). Naturally violence isn't justified by that, doubly so if it's at the end of an abruptly ended one night stand, but I doubt I have to point that out.
Is that a common occurrence in your life? Because it sounds like a hugely unlikely and contrived scenario that would require everyone involved to consciously choose to make a series of bad decisions to get there.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

McAvoy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:12 am
Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:03 pm

This is why I don't understand the trans community. I am all for them to be what they want or need to be to make themselves feel comfortable in their own skin. I don't understand but I do accept.

The vanilla gay community I understand. A gay man likes men. A gay woman likes women. Got it. Love. Makes sense to me.
The trans community isn't actually that hard to understand. They just want to be recognized as themselves, rather than what other people decide they are. Trans men want people to stop telling them that they are women, trans women want people to stop telling them that they are men, and trans nonbinary people want others to recognize that they don't fit neatly into the Man or Woman box and treat them accordingly.

The reason I brought up my friend was because he flatly contradicts OP's "This only happens with trans women" assertion.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville