Nosferatu

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Fianna
Captain

Nosferatu

Post by Fianna »

https://sfdebris.com/videos/films/nosferatu.php

I think Chuck did a really good job on this one. Favorite bit had to be his slightly outraged delivery of, "Dracula is not the old man from Up."
Deledrius
Captain

Re: Nosferatu

Post by Deledrius »

It was great. :) I learned quite a bit about this one, and was equally entertained. I love these looks at classic films.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

The background is kind of like discovering one of the scientists for the moon landing was a student of Aleister Crowley and was plagiarized by L. Ron Hubbard to create Scientology.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:16 pm The background is kind of like discovering one of the scientists for the moon landing was a student of Aleister Crowley and was plagiarized by L. Ron Hubbard to create Scientology.
TBH, it really wouldn't surprise me if you said this was also historical information.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Deledrius wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:15 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:16 pm The background is kind of like discovering one of the scientists for the moon landing was a student of Aleister Crowley and was plagiarized by L. Ron Hubbard to create Scientology.
TBH, it really wouldn't surprise me if you said this was also historical information.
Fun fact, I wasn't making it up. I'm describing Jack Parsons, Science Wizard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Pars ... _engineer)
Colbertnation
Redshirt

Post by Colbertnation »

*wags finger* Nosferatu
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:39 pm
Deledrius wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:15 pm
Fun fact, I wasn't making it up. I'm describing Jack Parsons, Science Wizard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Pars ... _engineer)
Geez, I've even read about him before. Completely slipped my mind. I'll attempt to give myself some sliver of credit as this being the reason I was ready to accept it. ;)
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I will say that Nosferatu's version of Jonathan Harker is so much worse than the actual Jonathan Harker and he's no picnic either.

Once more it falls on Mina/Elena to save the day.
MightyDavidson
Officer

Post by MightyDavidson »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:18 pm I will say that Nosferatu's version of Jonathan Harker is so much worse than the actual Jonathan Harker and he's no picnic either.

Actual Jonathan Harker at least picked up a Kukri knife and went hunting Dracula in the book, which is more then can be said for any movie version of the character. I can't think of a version of the character who got a decent portrayal.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

MightyDavidson wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:38 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:18 pm I will say that Nosferatu's version of Jonathan Harker is so much worse than the actual Jonathan Harker and he's no picnic either.

Actual Jonathan Harker at least picked up a Kukri knife and went hunting Dracula in the book, which is more then can be said for any movie version of the character. I can't think of a version of the character who got a decent portrayal.
Funnily enough, POWERS OF DARKNESS has him as the protagonist and sexing up one of Dracula's brides.

Stoker had some interesting variants of his story.