Dune (The 2021 Movie)

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Dune (The 2021 Movie)

Post by McAvoy »

I saw the movie on Saturday. I only read the first book and that was 15 years ago.

Overall, some stuff came back to me during the movie. Like I forgot how early Duncan died. For some reason I thought he stuck around for awhile.
I got nothing to say here.
cilantro
Officer

Post by cilantro »

McAvoy wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:35 am I saw the movie on Saturday. I only read the first book and that was 15 years ago.

Overall, some stuff came back to me during the movie. Like I forgot how early Duncan died. For some reason I thought he stuck around for awhile.
I don't know if that will be a spoiler (who knows how far they will go with this series) but I can only guess why you thought that. Duncan kind of gets killed in the coup but..(spoilers from the books).
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

cilantro wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:07 pm
McAvoy wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:35 am I saw the movie on Saturday. I only read the first book and that was 15 years ago.

I don't know if that will be a spoiler (who knows how far they will go with this series) but I can only guess why you thought that. Duncan kind of gets killed in the coup but..(spoilers from the books).
Combo been awhile and of course a certain big name actor who has played two characters that have named that end in 'onan'.
I got nothing to say here.