Trek Moments You Can't Wait For Chuck to Talk About

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Mabus
Captain

Re: Trek Moments You Can't Wait For Chuck to Talk About

Post by Mabus »

Surprised that for 7 pages no one has mentioned Cogenitor.
It's clear to me that Berman and Braga were trying to remake "Dear Doctor", without all the bad stuff (they even kept the ending with Archer furiously disagreeing with the other character), and while it is an improvement over that episode, there are still issues, especially since while they clearly try to make the conflict to be as ambiguous as possible, for some reason they can only do that by making the characters act stupid.
BlackoutCreature2
Officer

Re: Trek Moments You Can't Wait For Chuck to Talk About

Post by BlackoutCreature2 »

Mabus wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:19 pm Surprised that for 7 pages no one has mentioned Cogenitor.
It's clear to me that Berman and Braga were trying to remake "Dear Doctor", without all the bad stuff (they even kept the ending with Archer furiously disagreeing with the other character), and while it is an improvement over that episode, there are still issues, especially since while they clearly try to make the conflict to be as ambiguous as possible, for some reason they can only do that by making the characters act stupid.
I always hated that episode. Here's a society that's institutionalized slavery, gender oppression and what's basically rape, and the only person that cares is Trip? I'm sorry but those are not things you can just dismiss under the blanket excuse of "different cultural norms".