TOS: A Taste of Armageddon

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Scififan
Officer

Re: TOS: A Taste of Armageddon

Post by Scififan »

Beastro
Captain

Re: TOS: A Taste of Armageddon

Post by Beastro »

clearspira wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:52 pm
CrypticMirror wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:50 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:55 pm I mean we could eliminate the disease easily if everyone is vaccinated but that would require people not to be terrorists.
I know. It is trivially easy to defeat if we act together. Funnily enough, it turns out that so is influenza. Last year, when people were actually socially distancing/mask wearing/hand washing, we knocked knocked flu season out entirely. Not only record low numbers of cases, some countries, where they took it even more seriously, didn't have any recorded cases of influenza at all. All these diseases that we thought would be around forever, it turns out we can get rid of a lot of them just with a combination of the same measures that were controlling Covid until a few people willingly chose to be Typhoid Marys. Forcing illnesses on others ought to be a crime.
I think the idea that flu vanished is bunkum. I think that the flu deaths were going down on the death certificates as Covid. Its not even a conspiracy theory either that the death rate from Covid is far lower than the official figures claim as the only criteria in the UK to get ''death from Covid'' on your certificate is to catch Covid within 28 days of death. You could have a lump in your lung the size of a cricket ball but if you caught Covid and died within a month then you died from Covid.

Frankly, I think any old cough (particularly among the elderly) for the first half of this pandemic wasn't investigated that deeply.
There are complicating factors, my father died in October due to them.

He had shingles in September, then as he recovered, got Corona in his gut, had tons of diarrhea from it, then while going to the bathroom one night, slipped and fractured his skull and two vertebrae in his neck. His lungs (untouched by the infection) had an immune response nonetheless which produced a ton of mucus in his lungs. He was on ventilation and began recovering until he went into atrial fibrillation due to being immobile for too long and died because a massive heart attack 11 years ago had left his heart at a fraction of its previous strength. Had he not fallen or had a stronger heart he would have lived.

You can't say Corona didn't contribute to his death, though, even if it didn't exactly kill him.