Christmas Show 2021

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Mabus
Captain

Re: Christmas Show 2021

Post by Mabus »

Fianna wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:01 pm Okay, I may have something:

In 1976, there was a TV movie called Time Travelers. After a lawsuit, it was officially recognized as being an adaptation of a book. None of the cast looks to have gone on to do much of note. And one the film's writers was Rod Serling, who Chuck has already reviewed several times, thanks to The Twilight Zone.

What really makes me think this is plausible? The plot of the film's about time travelers going to the past to find a cure for a deadly virus. After doing Contagion last year, I can't help thinking Chuck might go, "I did a killer virus movie during the pandemic last Christmas; since the pandemic's still going, guess I gotta do another one this Christmas."
Sounds closer than what most of us have tried, but I haven't been able to find out if it was referenced in an episode of the Simpsons since it doesn't appear on the wiki and it's not part of any franchise.
drewder
Officer

Post by drewder »

When we say he's reviewed the writer's work previously are we saying the source material's author or like the screenplay author?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

drewder wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:45 pm When we say he's reviewed the writer's work previously are we saying the source material's author or like the screenplay author?
Screenwriter. So for example, Tomorrow Never Dies would fit the writer's requirement because Nicholas Meyer did an uncredited rewrite for it. It doesn't fit for other reasons, but that's besides the point.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

Speed Racer?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

New clue is up.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Spam-desu
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

The Nutty Professor (1963 film) or the original Planet of the Apes
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Mabus wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:26 pm The Nutty Professor (1963 film) or the original Planet of the Apes
I completely disagree that Charlton Heston went on to do nothing of note if true.

Have to say i'm kind of veering onto 2001 here. Although again... nothing of note? When you've got Ed Bishop who went on to be Commander Straker in UFO? Because I have to say that I have seen - and enjoyed - UFO far more than I have enjoyed the boredom fest that is 2001. (Also have to say that if it is 2001 then that's another clue I disagree with for 2001 is indeed one of The Worst. If Confused Matthew's review was still up then I would link it).
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

clearspira wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:12 pm
Mabus wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:26 pm The Nutty Professor (1963 film) or the original Planet of the Apes
I completely disagree that Charlton Heston went on to do nothing of note if true.

Have to say i'm kind of veering onto 2001 here. Although again... nothing of note? When you've got Ed Bishop who went on to be Commander Straker in UFO? Because I have to say that I have seen - and enjoyed - UFO far more than I have enjoyed the boredom fest that is 2001. (Also have to say that if it is 2001 then that's another clue I disagree with for 2001 is indeed one of The Worst. If Confused Matthew's review was still up then I would link it).
Yeah, but is 2001 even a proper franchise in the first place? That's what I don't get it.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Mabus wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:28 pm
clearspira wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 7:12 pm

Yeah, but is 2001 even a proper franchise in the first place? That's what I don't get it.
Well, even assuming a really narrow definition of franchise, it would still count because a lone movie cannot be the worst movie of a franchise.
Spam-desu
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

TGLS wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 8:35 pmWell, even assuming a really narrow definition of franchise, it would still count because a lone movie cannot be the worst movie of a franchise.
I'd argue that "Battlefield Earth" is very much the worst movie of it's franchise.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox