Star Trek: Discovery - Season 4 (With Spoilers)

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Deledrius
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Discovery - Season 4 (With Spoilers)

Post by Deledrius »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:54 pm I'll take franchises that aren't allowed to do prequels because of the fans for $600.
In my experience it's usually because the writers aren't up to it (or are being forced to by the studio), and the fans have nothing to do with it.

Or did you mean something else?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Deledrius wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:44 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:54 pm I'll take franchises that aren't allowed to do prequels because of the fans for $600.
In my experience it's usually because the writers aren't up to it (or are being forced to by the studio), and the fans have nothing to do with it.

Or did you mean something else?
Well my ridicule is grossly false considering they're in the future too.

All and all though, there aren't much practical concerns that come out of the writing. It's not very different from us prospecting in an oil field and getting rid of an anthill infestation that reoccurs, only for us to find out they're sentient when they actually find a way to communicate with us, going so far as to hold us diplomatically responsible for killing their loved ones.
..What mirror universe?
Zargon
Officer

Post by Zargon »

Well, it's over.

Guess we get a season 5. Can't wait to see again what silly thing they come up with again to threaded the whole universe again and have only Michiale be able to save everything....again.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:45 pm Well my ridicule is grossly false considering they're in the future too.
Yeah, I wasn't really sure what point you were making, sorry.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Yep, DISCO has been renewed for Season 5.

Gonna be cancelled ANY day now and fire Alex Kurtzman.

ANY day now.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

So did this garbage show get any less garbage?

Honestly surprised it got renewed considering how much better Halo is doing in the reviews. Maybe Kurtzfuckwit really does know where the bodies are buried.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Worffan101 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:13 am So did this garbage show get any less garbage?

Honestly surprised it got renewed considering how much better Halo is doing in the reviews. Maybe Kurtzfuckwit really does know where the bodies are buried.
I mean, everyone agrees Season 3 is awesome. Because it is.

But I'm not sure how, "Does better than anything but Halo" is something to be worried about, especially since Halo drops the same night as Star Trek so everyone just watches Halo THEN Star Trek.

Also, guess what, everyone is hating on NuHalo as much as they did Star Trek.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

Checked out the online reviews, and it seems that season 3 was crap (makes sense, I checked out the first episode of s3 and it was garbage despite a theoretically cool premise), and season 4 was marginally better,

Good thing I didn't try to get back into this show, then. I hope SNW maintains its premiere's decent quality, that seems to be my only hope for good Trek now.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Worffan101 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:01 am Checked out the online reviews, and it seems that season 3 was crap (makes sense, I checked out the first episode of s3 and it was garbage despite a theoretically cool premise), and season 4 was marginally better,

Good thing I didn't try to get back into this show, then. I hope SNW maintains its premiere's decent quality, that seems to be my only hope for good Trek now.
Wow.

Remind me to never listen to them. Its a fantastic season and I think anyone who thinks otherwise is probably some sort of alien I wish I could block the signals from.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:45 am
Worffan101 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:13 am So did this garbage show get any less garbage?

I mean, everyone agrees Season 3 is awesome. Because it is.

But I'm not sure how, "Does better than anything but Halo" is something to be worried about, especially since Halo drops the same night as Star Trek so everyone just watches Halo THEN Star Trek.

Also, guess what, everyone is hating on NuHalo as much as they did Star Trek.
You are welcome to your opinion but that is obvious bait.