Star Trek: Strange new worlds

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Star Trek: Strange new worlds

Post by CharlesPhipps »

STRANGE NEW WORLDS III will be controversial because it dives headlong into the idea that the Federation finds augmented humans to be disgusting and they are subject to violence as well as prejudice.

Una is the augmented one, not La'an.

The Federation forbids Augmented species members.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Ansen Mount to be featured in Dr. Strange sequel as his character from the Inhumans series. Matt Murdock and Wilson Fisk are one thing, but this is an interesting comeback as well.

https://www.cbr.com/doctor-strange-2-an ... -inhumans/
..What mirror universe?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Black Bolt was a waste of Ansom Mount since, well, he can't talk.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:09 am STRANGE NEW WORLDS III will be controversial because it dives headlong into the idea that the Federation finds augmented humans to be disgusting and they are subject to violence as well as prejudice.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Madner Kami wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:29 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:09 am STRANGE NEW WORLDS III will be controversial because it dives headlong into the idea that the Federation finds augmented humans to be disgusting and they are subject to violence as well as prejudice.

I assume your ... is acknowledging the fidelity and loyalty of the show to Deep Space Nine.

:)
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

That's nothing like it was in DS9.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Madner Kami wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:23 pm That's nothing like it was in DS9.
Except for the part where it's grounds for being sent to prison for close to a decade.

Oh and locking you up in an asylum for life.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

I don't dispute the clear existence of prejudice. I very much dispute the rest. And "locked up in an asylum" is you twisting the facts. It was done to people who're clearly not capable of functioning in regular society, like the group of dysfunctional genetic experiments shown in DS9. Violence and "forbiding augmented species" isn't happening. Case in point: Denobulans. It's pointless drama for the sake of drama at the expense of internal consistency. I know you love that kind of stuff, but that doesn't mean it's good or even interesting.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Madner Kami wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 12:08 am And "locked up in an asylum" is you twisting the facts.
I think he's referring to tossing Bashir's dad in jail
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Frustration
Captain

Post by Frustration »

That was for breaking the law. Bashir wasn't sent to an asylum.
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two equals four. If that is granted, all else follows." -- George Orwell, 1984