Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
jstrahan
Officer

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by jstrahan »

TorroesPrime wrote:Because it's hard to find and not pay $300+ for the dvds now,
I just happen to have that entire series on my shelf right now. :)

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycl ... php?id=326

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgyJ6PQfb6U
Last edited by jstrahan on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

wonder what he would think of code geass
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I kinda wonder what he'd think of Yukikaze.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

I'd love Chuck to cover Space:1999 some time, especially his take on season 1 vs season 2 after Fred Freiberger came onto the show.
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

I know Chuck has had problems recording things off of the PS3 in the past, but hopefully the PS4 would be better for this, but I'd really like to see him review Horizon: Zero Dawn.

It's one of the best games I've played in a long while, and is a pretty well thought out sci-fi.
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

I wonder if folks are in the mood for reviews of good TNG episodes like "Reunion" or bad episodes like "Imaginary Friend".
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

PerrySimm wrote:I wonder if folks are in the mood for reviews of good TNG episodes like "Reunion" or bad episodes like "Imaginary Friend".
Sure. I was interested in the review of Masks, which, when I first saw it, I thought was just really, really boring and predictable. I'm looking forward to "Homeward" and "The Masterpiece Society," the two episodes that firmly seated Kirk over Picard for me -- there might be something exculpatory there that I missed. Then there's "Silicon Avatar," where I sympathize with the "bad guy," but I'm not sure if I sympathize with me sympathizing with her.
DAv
Redshirt

Post by DAv »

I know it's not something Chuck normally does, but I'd love to see his take on the 1960's TV shows, The Avengers and The Prisoner. They're incredibly stylish and capture some of the pop culture feel that was Cool Britannia at its height. Plus, they both contained Sci-Fi elements and the former was incredibly quirky and fun at its best.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

Probably mentioned this before, but considering Chuck also does video games, I'd love to see reviews of some of the recent Transformers games, e.g. War for Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron, and Devastation. There are some scenes in these games I'd love to see Chuck's reaction to (e.g. taking control of Bruticus in FoC).
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Would like to see some dinosaur stuff. I can't quite recall if either of these have been mentioned before (probably), but:

Films: Jurassic Park, obviously, if no one's mentioned it before. Any of the films.

Books: Raptor Red. This is a very off-beat and somewhat obscure choice, I admit, but that makes it all the more interesting. Its a novel somewhat in the manner of Watership Down, written by paleontologist Robert Bakker (who rose to fame as one of the main proponents of the warm-blooded dinosaur theory, and was a consultant on the above-mentioned Jurassic Park), and starring an early Cretaceous Utahraptor as the protagonist. :)

Its even got a female protagonist, so, as John Oliver might say: "Hashtag Dinosaurs hashtag feminism." :D

I think it would be fun, if only for how outside the box it is. I wonder what Chuck would make of it.