Yada Yada Yada

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: Yada Yada Yada

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

hammerofglass wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:07 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:54 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:47 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:22 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 8:16 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:47 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 7:44 pm Person A chooses to do X as a profession. X is in your opinion a bad thing which does harm to others. Therefore person A is willingly choosing to do a bad thing that does harm to others. A person who willingly does bad things that do harm to others is by definition a bad person, so person A is a bad person. This is not prejudice, it's just normal judging.
No, a good person can do a bad thing, actions alone do not determine a person''s morality.

And my point is that even if policing was reformed tomorrow, people WAHNT to hate them and would not care if they reformed.
I had a long response written out here but reading it back it was literally just a sermon about repentance and absolution, which is not appropriate to the venue. Other than suggest you talk to whoever you normally do for spiritual guidance I'm afraid I must bow out of the conversation at this juncture.
You really have no way to respond to my claim that people just want to hat cops?

And saying someone who does even one bad thing is automatically a bad person is far more black and white thinking then I was ever accused of.
Fine. My response is that it's an absurd lie that you know is a lie and are repeating to justify dismissing all criticisms of police without considering them.

The second part is because I was raised Catholic. So sue me.
Maybe I am overreacting but it really does seem that way to me. We are constantly bombarded with all the horrible things bad cops do but NEVER talk about good cops who are actually serving and protecting. The closest to that in the last two years is The Young Turks quickly praising the security guard who tried to stop the Buffalo shooter.
Why don't you give us your own testimony? You must have tales of your own of good cops doing good cop things since you're so passionate about it. This is the place for it.
ten years ago, I had to break up a fight between my two dogs and my sister's dog, the two younger dogs were actually killing the older dog, I managed to rescue the old dog but she accidentally injured me in the process, tearing open my right index finger with her teeth and I was bleeding out. My neighbors called the police and they came, bandaged me up and even took care of my older dog. I owe not just my life but the life of my dog to them.

And a few months ago, my dad and I were stopped by cops on the road. They let us go with a warning. Forgetting the issue of weather my dad counts as non-white, they knew I am autistic and I did something arguably disrespectful to them but they didn't make a big deal out of it, like most leftists would expect.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

And back to media, I checked more then once but still can find no good faith argument as to why Zootopia is copaganda. It seems in most ways the opposite, to me.

I actually would let people have this if they focused on the part where Judy Hopps gets help from the mob to uncover the conspiracy but no one ever talks about that, they talk about how the movie perpetuates the "only a few bad apples" narrative, which is bullshit.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Page 5 in less than 24h.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Madner Kami wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:14 pm Page 5 in less than 24h.
Gonna actually reply to my points?
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 11:56 pm
Gonna stop restating the same points endlessly?
Gonna establish you're not here just to get a rise out of people?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

TGLS wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:04 am
Yes. No one answered me specifically about Zootopia and I was asked to give my story of good cops.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

And we do have examples of bias against the police, even when they are innocent, like the cop who shot the girl about to stab the other girl but a protest still erupted, what were they protesting for?

There is also the fact that Darren Wilson was TWICE found to have not done anything wrong and was justified in shooting Micheal Brown but BLM still uses "stop, don't shoot" as a slogan and never apologized for this whole thing causing Wilson to resign for fear for his fellow officers, not himself, his colleagues.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 12:09 am
Yes. No one answered me specifically about Zootopia and I was asked to give my story of good cops.
We are not here to answer your questions. If someone does, there you go, but no one here is under any obligation to answer.

If no one does, then be the decent person you pretend to be and drop it. Stop harassing us to answer your questions.
I got nothing to say here.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

McAvoy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:38 am
We are not here to answer your questions. If someone does, there you go, but no one here is under any obligation to answer.

If no one does, then be the decent person you pretend to be and drop it. Stop harassing us to answer your questions.
I think you are right, I can vent on Youtube, too but wherever I do it, I think I just needed to vent.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:55 am
McAvoy wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:38 am

I think you are right, I can vent on Youtube, too but wherever I do it, I think I just needed to vent.
Or hod about you find something besides YouTube? Too many of your 'issues' comes from some bullshit you watched or read and you come here for everyone to act likf your therapist.
I got nothing to say here.