Yada Yada Yada

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: Yada Yada Yada

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

hammerofglass wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:28 pm Where are you seeing people still talking about Zootopia literally at all?

Go look at that "top rated shows" thread if you want to know how people feel about cops as protagonists.
The fact that it was called copaganda at all, in bad faith, is a problem, I have. And I'd like to know if anyone actually has a good faith argument for why it's copaganda?

And are you talking about a thread here?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:30 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:28 pm Where are you seeing people still talking about Zootopia literally at all?

Go look at that "top rated shows" thread if you want to know how people feel about cops as protagonists.
The fact that it was called copaganda at all, in bad faith, is a problem, I have. And I'd like to know if anyone actually has a good faith argument for why it's copaganda?

And are you talking about a thread here?
I've never heard anybody but you say that, so I can't comment.

Thread: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6968
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:42 pmThere is really no reason they couldn't do a buddy cop show, even explore the other ZPD officers. Unless people would be mad about a series staring cops as protagonists, which is what I suspected.
Remember what I just wrote about you going in circles? You literally refuse to see that there are many more story-opportunities in the Zootopia-setting than the buddy-cop-variant, which we already had and blame it on cop-hate. You circled in on yourself again. Seriously. If your first-instinct is "must be because people hate cops", then go back to square one and redraft your perception of a situation. Start looking for other explanations. Like this one: Why do yet again another buddy-cop story in an infinitely expansive setting?

People love both the familiar and the new and that's right here. You have a setting and potentially established characters which gives the viewer a familiar framework, but you can tell literally every story you want and thus present new things. Best of both worlds. Simple explanation. Occam's Razor.
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:42 pmAnd I still could never find any good faith argument as to how the movie is Copaganda. They could have had a good argument about Judy's alliance with the mob but no one ever talked abut that, except for one time by Screen Rant, of all people. Instead, people talk about how it perpetuates the "Only a few bad apples" narrative or that the movie ends with racism ending in Zootopia, which tells me, those people never watched the movie
That's your perception-bias. I've literally not once seen anyone bring up "copaganda" in relation to Zootopia. In fact, this is the first time I see this word. Get out of your bubble already.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Madner Kami wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:58 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:42 pmThere is really no reason they couldn't do a buddy cop show, even explore the other ZPD officers. Unless people would be mad about a series staring cops as protagonists, which is what I suspected.
Remember what I just wrote about you going in circles? You literally refuse to see that there are many more story-opportunities in the Zootopia-setting than the buddy-cop-variant, which we already had and blame it on cop-hate. You circled in on yourself again. Seriously. If your first-instinct is "must be because people hate cops", then go back to square one and redraft your perception of a situation. Start looking for other explanations. Like this one: Why do yet again another buddy-cop story in an infinitely expansive setting?

People love both the familiar and the new and that's right here. You have a setting and potentially established characters which gives the viewer a familiar framework, but you can tell literally every story you want and thus present new things. Best of both worlds. Simple explanation. Occam's Razor.
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:42 pmAnd I still could never find any good faith argument as to how the movie is Copaganda. They could have had a good argument about Judy's alliance with the mob but no one ever talked abut that, except for one time by Screen Rant, of all people. Instead, people talk about how it perpetuates the "Only a few bad apples" narrative or that the movie ends with racism ending in Zootopia, which tells me, those people never watched the movie
That's your perception-bias. I've literally not once seen anyone bring up "copaganda" in relation to Zootopia. In fact, this is the first time I see this word. Get out of your bubble already.
I just always thought, that if they were gonna continue Zootopia's story in a sequel or a series, it would be focused on Nick and Judy
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

The movie was called Zootopia. Not Judy'n'Nick.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Dragonball you want a buddy cop show? Three words: Power Rangers Spd
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

sayla0079 wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:28 pm Dragonball you want a buddy cop show? Three words: Power Rangers Spd
was already planning to watch that but I just said that I did always think that if they made a series or a sequel to Zootopia, it would be still about Nick and Judy. That's part of the reason I brought up the cop backlash speculation.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Madner Kami wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:58 pm

And to another point of yours that I missed the first time, what other characters besides the cops were established enough to carry a series?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

There's literally an entire city and surrounding landscape full of characters. Just because you don't see them as potential main cast, doesn't mean they can't be. And that includes characters not seen yet.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

This still going on?!