Yada Yada Yada

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: Yada Yada Yada

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Riedquat wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:07 am This still going on?!
I think I am donee this time.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

I really thought I was done this time but I keep finding stuff that set me off. The Texas cops who did nothing to stop that mass shooter is horrible but people are prejudging before any due process can be carried out, which is the definition of prejudice. So, don't you dare tell me cops face no prejudice.

People keep telling me that society still loves cops unquestioningly but I don't see it. Where can I see that, I've looked everywhere and can't find any positive attention to the cops at all.

And I actually do want to find a good faith argument as to why Zootopia is copaganda but still, there aren't any.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Can you please talk to a good friend or parent or someone else you trust about this? Just give them the full set of what you're upset about, lay it all out there in spoken words out loud. Answer followup questions they have. I don't think you're going to get the answers you need otherwise.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

hammerofglass wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:22 pm Can you please talk to a good friend or parent or someone else you trust about this? Just give them the full set of what you're upset about, lay it all out there in spoken words out loud. Answer followup questions they have. I don't think you're going to get the answers you need otherwise.
Probably for the best but I don't know, every time I talk to my psychologist, I think I am over my problems and I have to wait a few months, at which point, I feel like I'm over it again, only to spiral back into anxiety.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:35 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:22 pm Can you please talk to a good friend or parent or someone else you trust about this? Just give them the full set of what you're upset about, lay it all out there in spoken words out loud. Answer followup questions they have. I don't think you're going to get the answers you need otherwise.
Probably for the best but I don't know, every time I talk to my psychologist, I think I am over my problems and I have to wait a few months, at which point, I feel like I'm over it again, only to spiral back into anxiety.
I'm not saying see a psychologist. I'm saying you need to vent and doing it with strangers online in a medium that doesn't convey emotion just outright doesn't work. Plus saying something out loud works marvelously to organize and process your thoughts. If all else fails use the programmer's trick and explain it to a rubber duck, but the connection with an actual human in smelling distance is half the benefit.

Also I have no relevant training, this is just from personal experience. Take it for what it's worth.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

hammerofglass wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:57 pm
I'm not saying see a psychologist. I'm saying you need to vent and doing it with strangers online in a medium that doesn't convey emotion just outright doesn't work. Plus saying something out loud works marvelously to organize and process your thoughts. If all else fails use the programmer's trick and explain it to a rubber duck, but the connection with an actual human in smelling distance is half the benefit.

Also I have no relevant training, this is just from personal experience. Take it for what it's worth.
I think the reason I want answers from you guys is because you and people on YouTube were, probably unintentionally, were the main reason for my anxiety.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:28 pm

I think the reason I want answers from you guys is because you and people on YouTube were, probably unintentionally, were the main reason for my anxiety.
So talking about this topic with this group was causing you emotional and mental anguish and your response was to deliberately expose yourself to more of it? Have I got that right?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

hammerofglass wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:44 pm

So talking about this topic with this group was causing you emotional and mental anguish and your response was to deliberately expose yourself to more of it? Have I got that right?
I know it's dumb but I think since this is what caused my anxiety in the first place, getting answers here will give me some closure.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:45 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:44 pm

I know it's dumb but I think since this is what caused my anxiety in the first place, getting answers here will give me some closure.
It won't get better if you pick it.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:02 pm
Riedquat wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:07 am This still going on?!
I think I am donee this time.
Proof you are a liar.