Yada Yada Yada

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: Yada Yada Yada

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

hammerofglass wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:22 pm Cops. Are. Not. An. Ethnicity. Nobody is born a cop. People are mad about specific things cops actually routinely do to real people.
You don't have to be an ethnicity to have genocide enacted against you.

And to be clear, I don't think an actual genocide is going on but the fact that these things are happening at all is worrying.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Ethnicity is the closest thing I could think of to how you talk about cops. Like they're born into it and any that don't make it their whole life is a traitor.

I mean, I get it. I'm from a military family, shit gets personal. Never served myself cause of med stuff, get the impression we might have that in common. Still got an emotional attachment to the institution and respect for the people who work it that frankly doesn't square with my politics.

But come the fuck on. You take it waaaay too far.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

hammerofglass wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:57 pm Ethnicity is the closest thing I could think of to how you talk about cops. Like they're born into it and any that don't make it their whole life is a traitor.

I mean, I get it. I'm from a military family, shit gets personal. Never served myself cause of med stuff, get the impression we might have that in common. Still got an emotional attachment to the institution and respect for the people who work it that frankly doesn't square with my politics.

It goes deeper then that, cops saved my life, so, ACAB personally offends me because it is basically saying my continued existence is unimportant.

And again, I have become harsher in my criticism of police but I feel like I would be disingenuous if I didn't fight just as hard against ACAB.

And genocide can also be enacted against a political group, which police have functionally been positioned as and conservatives, certainly are.

Even if it isn't technically genocide, if hate for cops goes too far, does it really matter what you call it?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

hammerofglass wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:57 pm Ethnicity is the closest thing I could think of to how you talk about cops. Like they're born into it and any that don't make it their whole life is a traitor.

Oh no, please. We were doing so well ignoring this guy since he turned up again. Lets just let him rant to himself. This'll only go on for another 20 pages of the exact same talking points if we don't.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

clearspira wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:02 pm

Oh no, please. We were doing so well ignoring this guy since he turned up again. Lets just let him rant to himself. This'll only go on for another 20 pages of the exact same talking points if we don't.
Again, I don't think there is an immediate danger but if this is really happening, shouldn't I talk about it?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

It's not.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

hammerofglass wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:18 pm It's not.
Cops have been categorized as the enemy in an us vs them situation, there is at least one restaurant that discriminates against cops and people are dehumanizing them all the time.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:27 pm
Cops have been categorized as the enemy in an us vs them situation, there is at least one restaurant that discriminates against cops and people are dehumanizing them all the time.
citation needed.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Thebestoftherest wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:08 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:27 pm
citation needed.
I really regret not keeping track of these things, now but remember how I talked about all those psychotic comments on the Young Turks' videos? They also made a video covering the restaurant thing. and intentional or not, the categorization thing is inherent to the abolish/reform the police movement.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Unless its from an official news channel youtube vids are not a good source of information since they can be bias.