Yada Yada Yada

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: Yada Yada Yada

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

sayla0079 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:43 pm Unless its from an official news channel youtube vids are not a good source of information since they can be bias.

But there is still the dehumanizing aspect and everyone and their grandma is making polarizing videos and articles about cops.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

And if you want me to shut up, tell me how these things are not stages of genocide.

And again, I see it happening to conservatives too. And leftists effectively see cops as an ethnicity, do you think they won't hate a cop anymore if they quit? To them, it's "once a cop, always a cop".

And to be clear, as an asexual, I am worried about the right wing's anti LGBT agenda but the same things are happening to conservatives and police.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Who are these people you seem so convinced are a majority? Half the board is self-described leftists, I've never seen anyone but you say any of this.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

hammerofglass wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:47 pm Who are these people you seem so convinced are a majority? Half the board is self-described leftists, I've never seen anyone but you say any of this.

the countless users on YouTube who think cop killers are heroes and even similar sentiments have been expressed on this forum. The countless polarizing articles about how bad cops are and the restaurants that refuse service to cops And the leftists who make cops and everyone else an "us vs them" scenario.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:27 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:47 pm Who are these people you seem so convinced are a majority? Half the board is self-described leftists, I've never seen anyone but you say any of this.

the countless users on YouTube who think cop killers are heroes and even similar sentiments have been expressed on this forum. The countless polarizing articles about how bad cops are and the restaurants that refuse service to cops And the leftists who make cops and everyone else an "us vs them" scenario.
Do you have a link to these "countless" youtube commenters?
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Names, dates, references? Because all I'm hearing so far is "trust me, bro".
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

hammerofglass wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:16 pm Names, dates, references? Because all I'm hearing so far is "trust me, bro".
Well, because they stressed me out so much, I didn't think to keep track of them but just look at any video by The Young Turks about police brutality. Even vids where the hosts are trying to be charitable to cops, the comments are far from it.

The comments on this video is a good example. But I also bring it up because of the discrimination point. The restaurant said they would serve off duty officers but come on, they would still deny service to off duty officers too, because their customers would still be uncomfortable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnlWGC5WHoU

They have a good reason for this, the black community and other minority communities live in constant fear and mistrust of the police and teach that unquestioning fear and mistrust to their kids. Do you think that fear and mistrust will go away when police reform happens? No, they will still hate police because it was drilled into their heads they had to, no matter what but at that point, the cops won't deserve it and will truly be discriminated against. We need to make sure that does not happen.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

It is a good place to start
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

So your source is a video that you yourself note doesn't actually say that?
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

hammerofglass wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:17 pm So your source is a video that you yourself note doesn't actually say that?
They still brought attention to this. I just said that I just know that the restaurant would still be discriminating against cops, off duty, too.

It's gotten to the point where people don't just hate the institution, they hate every cop individually. Them being off duty, resigned or retired makes no difference.

But speaking of my distrust of TYT on police issues, the apparently don't know what First Amendment Faudeters are. Cops are constantly harassed by these sovereign citizen offshoot idiots and The Young Turks always take their side.