New Vegas

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: New Vegas

Post by CharlesPhipps »

drewder wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:10 pm Are we getting any more fallout?
SF Debris has suffered from a lot of shit happening to our dear leader. The first problem being that Youtube and other providers have been seriously taking down a massive amount of his 12 year library of creating these things and preserving them have been a top priority. He also had the problem of his house plumbing exploding and then exploding again.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Plus his magically appearing chimney, I know that isn't a problem anymore but I feel it bare mentioning.
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Caesar's little speech about Hegelian dialectics is dead wrong which I think might come down to bad research on the part of the devs (what he says is a popular misunderstanding of what Hegel actually wrote, rather than what he actually did write) but I like to think that in-universe this just means that Caesar never read Hegel properly but just read "A History of Western Philosophy" or some other abridged version, which suits his pseudo-intellectual character just fine.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Can you give an example of what it supposed to be?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:27 pm Can you give an example of what it supposed to be?
Well Caesar's version is the idea of a Golden Mien. He believes that the Caesar's Legion is kind of shitty (because it is) and doesn't have anything in the way of infrastructure or culture. You know, despite the fact he has godlike control over their entire lives. He also believes that the New California Republic is soft and weak due to its facile democracy as well as capitalism. Stupidly, Caesar believes that invading the NCR will result in the destruction of the Legion but a transformation of NCR into a much more powerful ruthless society. I'm assuming he's envisioning something like the Nazis from The Man with the High Castle or, ironically, Enclave.

Thesis + Antithesis=Synthesis.

Which is superficially accurate to the Hegelian dialetic. Two opposites become merged and stronger for it. Except anyone who looks at the above can tell this is utter bullshit and makes no goddamn sense. Probably because the Dialetic is about ideas transforming not societies. Like, if Caesar was trying to say that combining his fake Roman religion with Enclave materialism, that makes sense, but this is a much bigger and more chaotic conflict that he's just slapping the label of the philosopher on.

Anything could happen with the war between NCR and the Legion up to and including NCR becoming more democratic or both sides collapsing completely.
Last edited by CharlesPhipps on Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

I can see how that would be a problem, plus if he wants it like Rome getting a strong city state needs to be one of the first things he does not last
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:17 pm I can see how that would be a problem, plus if he wants it like Rome getting a strong city state needs to be one of the first things he does not last
Caesar's deteriorating mental state is definitely an issue too and might be impacting his plans. Something is wrong with Boulder, though, if he plans to build his new Rome in Vegas. He also apparently hates his own people so much that he plans to elevate the White Glove Society to being a cannibalistic patrician class versus rewarding his followers.

Probably because Caesar seems starved for intellectual conversation (and why he would keep Arcade as his slave despite the latter's hatred of him).

Interestingly, though, it actually does answer Arcade's questions about the Legion. Caesar DOES plan to make a strong city state with its on culture and his current tribal army is just a means to an end to that. Putting it right next to NCR may also be part of his "dialetic" plan to have the two cultures interact more by sharing a border.
drewder
Officer

Post by drewder »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:37 pm
SF Debris has suffered from a lot of shit happening to our dear leader. The first problem being that Youtube and other providers have been seriously taking down a massive amount of his 12 year library of creating these things and preserving them have been a top priority. He also had the problem of his house plumbing exploding and then exploding again.
I'm not saying "give me fallout you lazy video producer," I'm saying "does anyone know if he's given up on fallout"
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

drewder wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:00 am
I'm not saying "give me fallout you lazy video producer," I'm saying "does anyone know if he's given up on fallout"
I don't think he has. If this is brought upon by the whole TOR Jedi Knight thing coming around, I think that was done for Patreon first and it's really just publicizing something that hasn't been seen by the general public yet.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

drewder wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:00 am
My answer is more that he's not given up any of his projects. He's just bailing out the sinking ship of replacing all his old content.