Yada Yada Yada

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Yada Yada Yada

Post by Madner Kami »

Because you are ignoring the reason for your postulated "massive" outbreak of violence, which I find highly dubious. Adress the reason for the hatred against the police and your problem and fears will go away.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:36 am Because you are ignoring the reason for your postulated "massive" outbreak of violence, which I find highly dubious. Adress the reason for the hatred against the police and your problem and fears will go away.
No, they won't, You probably think I will totally turn on my family and the guys who saved my life.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Why does there have to be a divide at all?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:06 pm I wanted to stop, I really really did but every time I see an anti-cop video, I get more and more angry and depressed. Again, not only does my family include current and former cops, cops saved my life.

And not only did I see a video saying you cannot be a good person and a cop but also, an add for some show or movie that seems like it's gonna glorify the revenge killing of a cop by a black guy who's son the cop killed.

There has to be a middle ground between the just a few bad apples mentality and this.

I would do something but I don't know what to do, the only things I can think of are authoritarian, which is obviously wrong.
No you don't your lying.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

That whole "everyone who isn't a cop wants cops dead" lie cops are indoctrinated into is something I've seen a few former cops say messed them up way more than the actual job. I think you caught it secondhand.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

hammerofglass wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:49 pm That whole "everyone who isn't a cop wants cops dead" lie cops are indoctrinated into is something I've seen a few former cops say messed them up way more than the actual job. I think you caught it secondhand.
well, either it's true or not, the psychological trauma is real and you should be sympathetic to that.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:52 pm
hammerofglass wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:49 pm That whole "everyone who isn't a cop wants cops dead" lie cops are indoctrinated into is something I've seen a few former cops say messed them up way more than the actual job. I think you caught it secondhand.
well, either it's true or not, the psychological trauma is real and you should be sympathetic to that.
Found the video it rang a bell for.

youtu.be/_nl5zMIwcmQ
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

hammerofglass wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:02 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:52 pm
Found the video it rang a bell for.

youtu.be/_nl5zMIwcmQ
I am always weary of watching some ant-cop video, what is the point you are tying to make?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

It's a former cop talking about his experiences. The trauma he's describing sounds like it's not the same but it might rhyme.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

hammerofglass wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:07 pm It's a former cop talking about his experiences. The trauma he's describing sounds like it's not the same but it might rhyme.
It probably wouldn't help, I will just want to ask why leftists aren't helping cops like him, too, even more.