Yada Yada Yada

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: Yada Yada Yada

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:37 pm No, it's not. We've been telling you since about 3,000 posts ago, that your perceptions are tilted and that you need to change your perspective on things. Do that and we'll not be annoyed anymore. Keep posting the same shit over and over again from your skewed perspective and you'll only get an increasing amount of hostility. It is your choice alone and you are walking into that knowing the outcomes.
Wile sometimes, I am pissed off by them, I have come to realize more and more how fucked up the police as an institution but the online left still takes the ACAB mentality way to far.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Riedquat wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:07 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:21 pm
Riedquat wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:18 pm You sound very much like you're stuck with trying to shove everyone in to a limited number of pigeonholes, and then claiming they're all the same because you've stuck them in that pigeonhole; thus you end up with "leftists" and "cop killers" all shoved in together, and pretend everyone in there are all the same.

It shouldn't take much to recognise that that's the sort of thinking that creates bigotry and hatred.
I know not all leftists are like that, there are certain ones I respect but the ones I'm talking about are doing the exact thing you are accusing me of.
Yep, that's human beings for you. Just stop lumping everyone in to those mental pigeonholes. Support the things they say you agree with, condemn those that you don't, and don't get confused when you agree with some people on some things and not with the same people on some other things. Don't pretend to yourself everything's really simple, or that it should be. And has others have said stop getting so fixated on certain issues and losing all sense of proportion.
Well, sometimes, even the leftists I respect sound like the ones who scare me.

And as I said, I see more and more how bad policing is but the left still is too extreme on it, in general, from what I can see.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:07 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:37 pm No, it's not. We've been telling you since about 3,000 posts ago, that your perceptions are tilted and that you need to change your perspective on things. Do that and we'll not be annoyed anymore. Keep posting the same shit over and over again from your skewed perspective and you'll only get an increasing amount of hostility. It is your choice alone and you are walking into that knowing the outcomes.
Wile sometimes, I am pissed off by them, I have come to realize more and more how fucked up the police as an institution but the online left still takes the ACAB mentality way to far.
Then fix the damn police and this "Left" has no leg to stand on anymore.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:18 pm
Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:07 pm
Then fix the damn police and this "Left" has no leg to stand on anymore.
It's clear some people just want to hate the police, so, fixing the police won't make the cop hate go away.

This is not to say no one should try to make things better but to me, no amount of social progress is enough until even the most innocuous form of prejudice is purged from the human condition, forever.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

If you have to waste people time DBF. Then call your congress man, that might actually do something as opposed making your the most hated Sfdebris fan.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:13 pm
Well, sometimes, even the leftists I respect sound like the ones who scare me.

And as I said, I see more and more how bad policing is but the left still is too extreme on it, in general, from what I can see.
Nope, you're still being far too all-embracing with "the left", as if it's some uniform movement. Ditch the simple black and white pigeonholed thinking. Actually start listening to what people here are telling you (although most of them have given up long ago, I've only not because I hardly ever bother looking at this thread).
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:39 pm It's clear some people just want to hate the police, so, fixing the police won't make the cop hate go away.
So what? Police needs fixing anyways. Do that and shut up.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Dragon Ball Fan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:39 pm It's clear some people just want to hate the police, so, fixing the police won't make the cop hate go away.
Yes, some people. You'll always get a few arseholes. What you get a lot more of are people just looking for a bogeyman, a simple black and white pigeonholed blame group... now why does that sound familiar?
This is not to say no one should try to make things better but to me, no amount of social progress is enough until even the most innocuous form of prejudice is purged from the human condition, forever.
Please step back and think about just how bloody disturbing that sounds.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Riedquat wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:23 pm
Yes, some people. You'll always get a few arseholes. What you get a lot more of are people just looking for a bogeyman, a simple black and white pigeonholed blame group... now why does that sound familiar?
Please step back and think about just how bloody disturbing that sounds.
I'm trying not to lump all leftists together and I meant that those emotions should be purged from each and every individual, somehow.

Like one of my childhood heroes, Optimus Prime said, "To destroy Unicron (who I am using as a metaphor for all of society's wows) we must first end hate in the universe."
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Honestly at this point I'm way more concerned about your mental health than the actual topic. Coming back to the same thing that stresses you out with the same words over and over isn't an argument, it's self-harm.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.