SSS: Steven Seagal Sucks

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: SSS: Steven Seagal Sucks

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Great spinoff thread.
..What mirror universe?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

It's amazing how well Seagal seems to have avoided MeToo. But then, he's not really a guy you can cancel given how his "career" is so fringe nowadays. What you gonna do? Stop him from churning out his DVDs?
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

clearspira wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:22 pm It's amazing how well Seagal seems to have avoided MeToo. But then, he's not really a guy you can cancel given how his "career" is so fringe nowadays. What you gonna do? Stop him from churning out his DVDs?
It's not really avoiding if you've already been accused and basically blacklisted by the industry for this sort of thing (and a bunch of other things) years ago anyway.

I think right now he should be more worried about being cancelled by Ukrainian assassins more than anything else.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

clearspira wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:22 pm It's amazing how well Seagal seems to have avoided MeToo. But then, he's not really a guy you can cancel given how his "career" is so fringe nowadays. What you gonna do? Stop him from churning out his DVDs?
He's pretty much blacklisted anyway. Canceling him wouldn't do anything to him.

Assuming he did anything MeToo worthy, it would be only for the victim(s) to share their story. Maybe to get him in jail.
I got nothing to say here.
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

McAvoy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:12 pm

Assuming he did anything MeToo worthy, it would be only for the victim(s) to share their story. Maybe to get him in jail.
He's got numerous accusations or sexual assault and rape against him.

His reality show was cancelled over one.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Jonathan101 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:35 pm
McAvoy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:12 pm

He's got numerous accusations or sexual assault and rape against him.

His reality show was cancelled over one.
Shows you how much I know about him.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

McAvoy wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:30 pmShows you how much I know about him.
Always be sceptical about such accusations, because without scrutiny it's a murder-weapon, but there are several such stories and after some point, a pattern of single dots changes into a picture:
[...]

On Monday, two more women came forward to voice claims that Seagal had sexually assaulted them, allegedly when one was 17 and the other 18. Both of them said they had struggled for years over whether to publicize their accusations but said they felt emboldened by other victims who had spoken out since last fall — including against Seagal — as part of the #MeToo movement.

One, Regina Simons, alleged that Seagal had raped her in 1993 when she was 18. At an emotional news conference Monday, Simons — an extra in Seagal’s 1994 film “On Deadly Ground” — detailed how the actor had invited her to what was supposed to be a wrap party at his house more than two decades ago.

She arrived to find no one else there, Simons said. Seagal reportedly told her everyone else had left the party, then led her to a bedroom.

“He closed the door and approached me from behind. He started kissing my neck and taking off my clothes,” Simons said Monday, at times taking deep breaths before she could continue. “I was in shock. I was completely caught off guard. Seagal was more than twice my size and twice my age. I was not sexually active nor had I ever been naked in front of a man before. I froze.”

Through tears, Simons described how Seagal allegedly took his robe off, then raped her.
Steven Seagal in Moscow on June 2, 2013. (Alexander Zemlianichenko/AP)

“There was nothing consensual about this,” Simons said. “I couldn’t move and I felt as if I was watching my body from above. I felt tears coming down my face.”

When Seagal finished, Simons said she dressed as quickly as possible: “He put his hand on the door and asked me if I needed any money. I said no and ran for the door, got in my car and drove away. I cried the entire way home.”

Despite Seagal calling her the next day and then making several attempts to contact her, Simons said she never spoke with him again.

[...]
Source: Washington Post

Following such stories, you'll find a trail of money behind that "man", which silenced a lot of voices.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Madner Kami wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:44 pm
Always be sceptical about such accusations, because without scrutiny it's a murder-weapon, but there are several such stories and after some point, a pattern of single dots changes into a picture:
[...]

On Monday, two more women came forward to voice claims that Seagal had sexually assaulted them, allegedly when one was 17 and the other 18. Both of them said they had struggled for years over whether to publicize their accusations but said they felt emboldened by other victims who had spoken out since last fall — including against Seagal — as part of the #MeToo movement.

One, Regina Simons, alleged that Seagal had raped her in 1993 when she was 18. At an emotional news conference Monday, Simons — an extra in Seagal’s 1994 film “On Deadly Ground” — detailed how the actor had invited her to what was supposed to be a wrap party at his house more than two decades ago.

She arrived to find no one else there, Simons said. Seagal reportedly told her everyone else had left the party, then led her to a bedroom.

“He closed the door and approached me from behind. He started kissing my neck and taking off my clothes,” Simons said Monday, at times taking deep breaths before she could continue. “I was in shock. I was completely caught off guard. Seagal was more than twice my size and twice my age. I was not sexually active nor had I ever been naked in front of a man before. I froze.”

Through tears, Simons described how Seagal allegedly took his robe off, then raped her.
Steven Seagal in Moscow on June 2, 2013. (Alexander Zemlianichenko/AP)

“There was nothing consensual about this,” Simons said. “I couldn’t move and I felt as if I was watching my body from above. I felt tears coming down my face.”

When Seagal finished, Simons said she dressed as quickly as possible: “He put his hand on the door and asked me if I needed any money. I said no and ran for the door, got in my car and drove away. I cried the entire way home.”

Despite Seagal calling her the next day and then making several attempts to contact her, Simons said she never spoke with him again.

[...]
Source: Washington Post

Following such stories, you'll find a trail of money behind that "man", which silenced a lot of voices.
Now that I have read that I do recall the story. Probably not that detailed.

I honestly never liked him TBH. Between him and Van Damme.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Madner Kami wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:44 pm
Like in the game Clue?
..What mirror universe?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

If wikipedia is to be believe he have one job on a reality show as himself as his only job in almost ten years