Dragon Age II: EA boogaloo

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Independent George
Officer

Re: Dragon Age II: EA boogaloo

Post by Independent George »

SFDebris wrote:You have not heard the bards tell the tale? Of how I boldly and bravely... tripped over a bowling ball in the Home Depot parking lot?
Mind bomb. Told you it was cool.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

SFDebris wrote: You have not heard the bards tell the tale? Of how I boldly and bravely... tripped over a bowling ball in the Home Depot parking lot?
I guess if you mentioned something, I probably just forgot it. My memory is getting that way it seems. A bowling ball, though? Really?
But yeah, PC doesn't work as well as I'd like any more. The Razer keypad has helped make a difference, but even with that you have to drop one level in difficulty to have a fighting chance. So DA:I is right back to console when the time comes.
A friend of mine used a controller to play GTA IV on his PC - would you be able to play Dragon Age on PC with a controller so it runs better?
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

SFDebris wrote: You have not heard the bards tell the tale? Of how I boldly and bravely... tripped over a bowling ball in the Home Depot parking lot?
Yikes, sorry to hear that!
But yeah, PC doesn't work as well as I'd like any more. The Razer keypad has helped make a difference, but even with that you have to drop one level in difficulty to have a fighting chance. So DA:I is right back to console when the time comes.
Well, Inquisiton has an online thing that lets you set up your history from the past games, so you'll be guaranteed to import the right backstory at least....
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Admiral X wrote:
SFDebris wrote:You have not heard the bards tell the tale? Of how I boldly and bravely... tripped over a bowling ball in the Home Depot parking lot?
I guess if you mentioned something, I probably just forgot it. My memory is getting that way it seems. A bowling ball, though? Really?
I remember reading about in a newspaper. There was a short period of agressive bowling ball incidents during the Obama-adminstration. These critters snuck up on people and made them trip all over the place. Trump took care of it though.
Last edited by Madner Kami on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

Madner Kami wrote:I remember reading about in a newspaper. There was a short period of agressive bowling ball incidents during the Obama-adminstration. These critters snuck up on people and made them trip all over the place. Trump took care of it though.
So that explains the grass clippings on his head; he's covering up a massive bowling ball scar.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Controllers on PC tend to be finicky IIRC.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

In which way? I am using playstation-controller on mine and never had any sort of problems with it.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

SFDebris wrote: But yeah, PC doesn't work as well as I'd like any more. The Razer keypad has helped make a difference, but even with that you have to drop one level in difficulty to have a fighting chance. So DA:I is right back to console when the time comes.
Have you ever tried a Razer Naga mouse? 12 thumb buttons, perfect for anything with a command bar. You only need your left hand for movement. Especially in DA2, where PC combat consists largely of "tap the 'r' key to attack nearest enemy".
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Steve wrote:Controllers on PC tend to be finicky IIRC.

You get a 360 controller, a real one, and it is accepted naturally on a Windows OS. Just plug and go.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

SFDebris wrote:
Admiral X wrote:Oh, sorry man, I guess I didn't even realize there'd been an accident. :oops:

Just kinda giving a bit of a ribbing, a bit like Army vs. Air Force. ;)
You have not heard the bards tell the tale? Of how I boldly and bravely... tripped over a bowling ball in the Home Depot parking lot?

I think the PC version of Inquisition has controller support, but I can't say I blame anyone for not wanting Origin on their PC.