Vidme Shutting Down?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Vidme Shutting Down?

Post by Madner Kami »

SFDebris wrote:
Robovski wrote:It will need a new host. And Chuck has a lot of work ahead of him to get a new setup. It's a right stick into the wheel of the show.
My head is so spinning, I thought "it will need a new host" meant I needed to be fired from my own show.
No worries, you'll still be part of the show and it's just a reshuffling of tasks. The show still needs someone to bring coffee.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Dînadan
Officer

Post by Dînadan »

Madner Kami wrote:
SFDebris wrote:
Robovski wrote:It will need a new host. And Chuck has a lot of work ahead of him to get a new setup. It's a right stick into the wheel of the show.
My head is so spinning, I thought "it will need a new host" meant I needed to be fired from my own show.
No worries, you'll still be part of the show and it's just a reshuffling of tasks. The show still needs someone to bring coffee.
Really? I thought it was because Chuck is regenerating...he is a Time Lord right?

:p
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Dînadan wrote:Really? I thought it was because Chuck is regenerating...he is a Time Lord right? :p
Unfortunately, he, due to a random fluctuation of the quantum spacetimeywhimey thingamadoodad, did regenerate as a coffee-bearer. He's damn good at it though, second to none.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Xaios
Redshirt

Post by Xaios »

Boy, you just can't catch a break! First Blip, then Vessel, now Vidme. Any thoughts on where you might take things from here?
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Xaios wrote:Boy, you just can't catch a break! First Blip, then Vessel, now Vidme. Any thoughts on where you might take things from here?
Uttorents...

Just make it downloadable.
Morgaine
Officer

Post by Morgaine »

Agent Vinod wrote:
Xaios wrote:Boy, you just can't catch a break! First Blip, then Vessel, now Vidme. Any thoughts on where you might take things from here?
Uttorents...

That would make it rather inconvenient for those watching on tablets and phones.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Morgaine wrote:
Agent Vinod wrote:
Uttorents...

That would make it rather inconvenient for those watching on tablets and phones.
It is a better temp solution than nothing.
ORCACommander
Officer

Post by ORCACommander »

torrent files will not generate ad revenue for sfdebris so its off the table until the patreon is large enough or if he is going to do ad spots in the videos themselves.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

He could maybe open an Amazon channel; it would mean a monthly subscription but we'd get stable hosting for everything and he'd get revenue. Or maybe just hosting; Cracked has some inferior content on there, why not SFDebris?
PlasmaHam
Redshirt

Post by PlasmaHam »

Robovski wrote:He could maybe open an Amazon channel; it would mean a monthly subscription but we'd get stable hosting for everything and he'd get revenue. Or maybe just hosting; Cracked has some inferior content on there, why not SFDebris?
I don't think having a paywall would be a good idea for Chuck. Perhaps he could throw some extra or early content within a paid service, kind of like what he already does with Captain/Officer rewards, but the main content should be open for all. Using the Amazon hosting service though, that's an idea.