What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Edvarius
Officer

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by Edvarius »

Well, I finished Ys VIII recently. It was pretty good until the end, which it fumbled incredibly badly. I also finished Layton Mystery Journey, which wasn't as good as some of the other Layton games due to being a bit too episodic for my tastes, but still a decent game overall. But as for right now... I'm kinda between games. Maybe I'll work on finally finishing Heroes of Might & Magic 6. I dunno. Still kinda annoyed they tossed out the old setting once Ubisoft took over.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

Robovski wrote:Currently spending a lot of time with Renowned Explorers, a fun turn-based game where you travel the world in your flying steam dirigible with a team of explorers making friends with sheep, terrifying cultists, and beat nuns into submission to become the top explorer in the society this year.
I played Renowned Explorers recently. It was an enjoyable little game.

I also recently played Full Throttle, and I'm still working my way through Mass Effect: Andromeda. I've had some pretty fun sessions with certain missions/planets/exploration. The drawback is still the overall story and direction.
The owls are not what they seem.
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

I just beat The Evil Within 2 and it's pretty good
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

Star Trek Online, on and off. Also replayed both War for... and Fall of Cybertron recently. And at least one level of Transformers: Devastation.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

I picked up an Oculus in the sale and have started to play some Everspace and Elite Dangerous again.

Loving it so far, SPAAAAAAAAAAACE from inside the cockpit of your very own space ship :D
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
excalibur
Officer

Post by excalibur »

The Evil Within 2
"Adapt, Overcome & Improvise"

"There's a fine line between not listening and not caring...I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Thanks to Chuck I've renewed my Dragon Age 2 Mage playthrough. And I've been dealing with another addictive compulsion to play Crusader Kings II and turn House Garrett into the greatest dynasty of Medieval Europe. This time without making myself an Emperor of England/Britain (thanks to the titular empires function with the Charlemagne DLC) and just using marriages and claims to put Garretts on as many royal thrones as possible. My avatar is the CoA I use for my custom dynasty in the game too. :-D
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

I bought the new XCOM 2 expansion in the fall sale so I expect that to occupy a lot of time until I leave home in a week and a half.
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

Star Trek Online. I've got 4 Captains in it, and I try to play all of them. Though my human tactical Captain gets the most attention.

Horizon Zero Dawn on my PS4. Easily game of the year in my book.

Halo Wars 2, though mainly just the MP.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

I now have three active MMORPG subs, having just booted up SWTOR again to create a new Sith Warrior who looks exactly like the previous three Sith Warriors because, even after playing around the customization screen for half an hour trying out different options, I still can't feel right about that voice coming out of any other character except the one I designed back in 2011.

Also a surprise to learn that they've finally server-squished everyone down to just five servers. I'll have to go back and rename some alts when I get around to that.