Star Trek Picard season 3

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
m4a2000
Officer

Re: Star Trek Picard season 3

Post by m4a2000 »

OK, who here thought Riker was also a changeling?

... Anyone? ... Was it just me?
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

m4a2000 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:22 am OK, who here thought Riker was also a changeling?

... Anyone? ... Was it just me?
I kinda thought Captain Shaw was a changeling.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

TGLS wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:23 am I kinda thought Captain Shaw was a changeling.
I'm glad he wasn't. I am happy we finally get his story, but man... What is up with Starfleet counseling? They should have stepped in before Seven was assigned to the Titan, admirals be damned!
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

I really thought that was a good watch. Probably the best Picard episode to date.
CMWaters
Officer

Post by CMWaters »

m4a2000 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:55 am
TGLS wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:23 am I kinda thought Captain Shaw was a changeling.
I'm glad he wasn't. I am happy we finally get his story, but man... What is up with Starfleet counseling? They should have stepped in before Seven was assigned to the Titan, admirals be damned!
Unless the rule had changed since the TNG days, don't Captains pick their first officers?

If so, maybe this was Shaw's attempt at a coping mechanism, putting Seven as his first officer. And a way to get back by having her use her old human name more.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. And if you lose that, you're nothing."
Robin Williams
1978 HBO Special
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I liked Shaw from the beginning. I didn’t feel that he was acting out of line when his ship was ordered to go on the mission.
..What mirror universe?
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

Shaw definitely gains some points now that we've discovered he's from Chicago. 8-)

Once the Changeling showed up in the nacelle control room, it was pretty clear that either this was the Changeling or we would be seeing an allocation of personnel that even Tom Paris would think was a bit much. :lol:

This episode was an absolute blast. If they can keep this momentum going, it's going to be a great ride.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

m4a2000 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 2:55 am
From what we have seen with starfleet in regard to counseling it seems they don't know what they are doing; Troi was questionable and Ezri was still inexperienced due to being shipped to DS9 before being ready.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

sayla0079 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:42 amFrom what we have seen with starfleet in regard to counseling it seems they don't know what they are doing; Troi was questionable and Ezri was still inexperienced due to being shipped to DS9 before being ready.
Agreed, it's not a good showing from Starfleet for mental health. Ezri wasn't just inexperienced but down right hazardous psychologically to be around where she was frequently out performed by a singing hologram. It's a shame that they dropped the plotline about her Orion Syndicate mother pulling strings as at least that would explain how she got to be in a position so far, far, far over her head and with a symbiote to boot. Voyager didn't have one at all fromwhat I remember, and that was designed to be a long range exploration vessel where you'd think there'd be more call for one. Best they could do was Neelix and the Doctor when he tried to fiddle with his subroutines.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

^ huh?
..What mirror universe?