CPAC Speaker Calls for Eradication of ‘Transgenderism’ — and Somehow Claims He’s Not Calling for Elimination of Transgen

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: CPAC Speaker Calls for Eradication of ‘Transgenderism’ — and Somehow Claims He’s Not Calling for Elimination of Tran

Post by McAvoy »

hammerofglass wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:56 am That's like promising to eliminate left-handedness and then pretending you didn't threaten left-handed people.

Although these are the same lunatics who would happily insist left-handedness being natural is a liberal lie so probably a bad example.
As a left handed person who as a child had his hand slapped by a nun with a ruler during after school program (both parents worked), I can say that a religious right with power could in theory in fact make that happen.

I was 5 or so. Being left handed runs in real strong in the family and my Dad immediately pulled myself and my younger brother (left handed) and found another after school program. That's after yelling at the nun when he caught her hitting my hand when I tried writing left handed. My Dad is left handed too. So are both of my grandmothers, two uncles, an aunt, two cousins, and my nephew.

End of my little rant/story on left handedness.
I got nothing to say here.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: CPAC Speaker Calls for Eradication of ‘Transgenderism’ — and Somehow Claims He’s Not Calling for Elimination of Tran

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Draco Dracul wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:28 am
Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:21 am
ProfessorDetective wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:00 am 'There is no separating a ban on “transgenderism” from an attack on transgender people, says activist Erin Reed: “They are one and the same, and there’s no separation between them.”'

Do we need to say more?!

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234690924/
In other words, if you are not fully in agreement with our ideological dogma, then you are an enemy.

Shorter version: If you are not with us, you are against us.
A) Transgenderism is just a way of dehumanizing trans people by pretending there is some ideology rather than just something people are.
B)Even if the above was not true, there is no way to eliminate an ideology without killing a lot of people.
What he said.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:28 am
Draco Dracul wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:28 am
Mickey_Rat15 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:21 am
ProfessorDetective wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:00 am 'There is no separating a ban on “transgenderism” from an attack on transgender people, says activist Erin Reed: “They are one and the same, and there’s no separation between them.”'

Do we need to say more?!

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/p ... 234690924/
In other words, if you are not fully in agreement with our ideological dogma, then you are an enemy.

Shorter version: If you are not with us, you are against us.
A) Transgenderism is just a way of dehumanizing trans people by pretending there is some ideology rather than just something people are.
B)Even if the above was not true, there is no way to eliminate an ideology without killing a lot of people.
What he said.
She actually.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

My mistake. Apologies.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville