Trump late night antics and threats

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
McAvoy
Captain

Trump late night antics and threats

Post by McAvoy »

https://nypost.com/2023/03/24/trump-sha ... -das-head/

Trump becoming unhinged. Honestly if Trump was known to drink, then I would assume this was him on a late night bender. But nope all him, stone cold sober.

Also if you have time read the comment section. It is interesting.
I got nothing to say here.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Trump late night antics and threats

Post by clearspira »

He is basically ensuring that DeSantis is going to win the next nomination. Whatever mass appeal Trump once had really is going. I don't know if you get TalkTV in the States so here is a link to an interview Piers Morgan did with DeSantis the other night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIj4LUP ... Uncensored

He comes off as Trump with a political brain - which makes him far, far more dangerous.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

One can only hope, that the Democrats can manage to front someone who has appeal to the moderate conservatives, otherwise the US is in for some dark times.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Madner Kami wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:46 am One can only hope, that the Democrats can manage to front someone who has appeal to the moderate conservatives, otherwise the US is in for some dark times.
I mean, that's why they ran Biden in 2020. It worked.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

hammerofglass wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:00 am
Madner Kami wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:46 am One can only hope, that the Democrats can manage to front someone who has appeal to the moderate conservatives, otherwise the US is in for some dark times.
Did it work? Or could you have run pretty much any Democrat against Trump and beaten him given how his sheen was drying up even then?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

clearspira wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:32 am
Did it work? Or could you have run pretty much any Democrat against Trump and beaten him given how his sheen was drying up even then?
I mean they could get more votes if they go for those leftist-in-America-and-uncontroversial-everywhere-else-in-the-first-world positions like universal healthcare and affordable education that polling shows an overwhelming majority of the country supports, but that's never going to happen when the doddering old fools who run the party are bought and paid for by the medical insurance and student loan industries.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

It was the highest voter turnout in history. Trump’s count wasn’t shy.
..What mirror universe?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Voter turnout for both was the highest for both sides. I don't even think the 2024 election will have as many.

The Democrat nominee really could have been anyone short of Hilary and it would have been the same.

On both sides you will have somewhere between 30%-40% of the population give or take for each political party. Maybe even more. But these people, the 70-80% of population will vote for whoever represents their political party. The rest are the moderates the ones that can vote for either side to whatever floats their boat politically.

Trump got those moderate votes in 2016 and lost them in 2020 and he probably still won't have them in 2024.
I got nothing to say here.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

McAvoy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:44 am
Voter turnout for both was the highest for both sides. I don't even think the 2024 election will have as many.

The Democrat nominee really could have been anyone short of Hilary and it would have been the same.

On both sides you will have somewhere between 30%-40% of the population give or take for each political party. Maybe even more. But these people, the 70-80% of population will vote for whoever represents their political party. The rest are the moderates the ones that can vote for either side to whatever floats their boat politically.

Trump got those moderate votes in 2016 and lost them in 2020 and he probably still won't have them in 2024.
Biden really hasn’t had any memorable blunders either.

I’m sure you can read into the sway of congress changing majority parties, but even that seems mellow, though happening nonetheless.
..What mirror universe?
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:07 am
McAvoy wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:44 am

Biden really hasn’t had any memorable blunders either.

I’m sure you can read into the sway of congress changing majority parties, but even that seems mellow, though happening nonetheless.
Him going HARD against that railworkers strike is the ONE real misstep I can think of.