Star Trek Picard season 3

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Star Trek Picard season 3

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

The borg can mind control people under 25. Jack is better.
..What mirror universe?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Better the Borg than the fucking Pah Wraiths.

At least this is back to TNG.
Lazerlike42
Officer

Post by Lazerlike42 »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:31 pm
clearspira wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:02 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:22 pm
clearspira wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:25 am LOL!!

I love this. So you know how a few pages ago I claimed that PIC's only reason to exist seems to be to bring back characters from the other shows just to kill them off?

Bye Shelby!
I don't think people are watching the show to weigh in on CBS's handling of the Star Trek IP. I don't see much anybody aside from a few people here complaining about this season.
1) Apart from those huge paragraphs of complaints you mean?

2) You and I clearly watch different Youtube channels. The opinion of PIC for many people is ''slightly better''. Just as ENT S4 was ''slightly better''.
Right I don't pay attention to the countless channels following RedLetterMedia's approach of complaining about idiosyncrasies while RedLetterMedia itself and the Rotten Tomatoes Audience is taking it worlds more seriously than the last two seasons.
I've seen several videos from what I think you might call "RedLetterMedia similar" channels and they've praised season 3 pretty heavily to be honest - not just said, "slightly better."

Some have said stuff like, "the only real Star Trek since 2005."
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Lazerlike42 wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:58 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:31 pm
clearspira wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:02 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:22 pm
clearspira wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:25 am LOL!!

I love this. So you know how a few pages ago I claimed that PIC's only reason to exist seems to be to bring back characters from the other shows just to kill them off?

Bye Shelby!
I don't think people are watching the show to weigh in on CBS's handling of the Star Trek IP. I don't see much anybody aside from a few people here complaining about this season.
1) Apart from those huge paragraphs of complaints you mean?

2) You and I clearly watch different Youtube channels. The opinion of PIC for many people is ''slightly better''. Just as ENT S4 was ''slightly better''.
Right I don't pay attention to the countless channels following RedLetterMedia's approach of complaining about idiosyncrasies while RedLetterMedia itself and the Rotten Tomatoes Audience is taking it worlds more seriously than the last two seasons.
I've seen several videos from what I think you might call "RedLetterMedia similar" channels and they've praised season 3 pretty heavily to be honest - not just said, "slightly better."

Some have said stuff like, "the only real Star Trek since 2005."
Right. I don’t mean to come down on clearspira and rlm and I love them all but I sincerely doubt this season is doing nearly as bad or unpopular as the last two. It’s on the same wavelength as no way home.

It’s clearly more of an exhibit, but is done with quite a bit of panache.
..What mirror universe?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

I'm actually kind of annoyed this is the last season now because assuming they win Starfleet is still going to be stuck trying to run a fleet where all of the adults are dead. That seems like a hell of a story on its own.

That's not even a joke, "full physical brain development" was explicitly the line.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

hammerofglass wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:00 pm I'm actually kind of annoyed this is the last season now because assuming they win Starfleet is still going to be stuck trying to run a fleet where all of the adults are dead. That seems like a hell of a story on its own.

That's not even a joke, "full physical brain development" was explicitly the line.
It's going to most likely be Picard himself's last season. It's possible that the show as is will be the very next Star Trek show.
..What mirror universe?
Al-1701
Officer

Post by Al-1701 »

Would you say this counts as a "Lazarus of the Week" even though it wasn't a living being?

On TrekCulture they joked that they shot Shelby high on the shoulders with what looked like minimum kill. Considering she was sitting down, they could easily shoot her in the head or heart or just vaporize her. I wonder if they were neutralizing the older officers for later assimilation if they can help it. No reason to let that knowledge be denied to the collective. Shaw was just unlucky enough to be shot in a firefight where trying to get a nonlethal hit was too difficult.
Mabus
Captain

Post by Mabus »

So let me get this straight:

The Borg Queen's entire plan involves a 60-70-year old man who hates children somehow have a kid that will still be alive 20 or 30 years later, a kid who hopefully somehow not only inherits the Borg DNA, but also becomes stronger in him, and somehow that kid will not die during that time from getting eaten by, I don't know, a hungry space cloud? And to make sure the Borg get that kid alive, they send members of an alien species that not only hate all other biological species, but these particular ones hate them even more than their brethren, and were nearly about to kill the kid at least twice, thus nearly dooming the plan.

Also, based on the previous season, didn't it literally take divine intervention to make Picard actually have laid for real?

Why the hell didn't the Borg just kidnap Jack while he was a kid, then put him in a maturation chamber, or better yet, just take some damn DNA from Picard, and clone him, like Romulans did that one time, and then use his clone to make him a son? Did they also needed Beverly's DNA? Then just steal her DNA as well. Quick maturing clones are a thing by TNG's time, so I don't see the need for the Borg to take such stupid unnecessary risks. Even if the clone eventually dies due to the typical TV trope associated with it, they only need him for a few hours or days until they take down Earth's defenses, then they just assimilate everyone via the old fashioned way.
Al-1701
Officer

Post by Al-1701 »

I think this was more a case of serendipity for the Borg rather than some grand plan from the very beginning. They wouldn't have attempted increasingly outlandish attempts to assimilate the Federation if they knew they had this trump card.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Speaking of Borg Queens, did they lose Jurati's number or something? Really seems like that's who you need to talk to.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.