Star Trek Picard season 3

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Star Trek Picard season 3

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Also I have to mention that Data's comeback was highly satisfying. Even for its effective retconning of the first season and the deliberately sub-dimensional use of Lore.
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Looking back, I think I enjoy seasons 1 and 2 better than 3, which is funny because everyone was telling me that season 3 was where it got really good.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 2:48 am Looking back, I think I enjoy seasons 1 and 2 better than 3, which is funny because everyone was telling me that season 3 was where it got really good.
I've tended to agree with what I've seen of most laments about season 1. Weak conspiracy reveal. Somewhat convoluted outcome for Picard.

With season 2 I seemed to have much more patience compared to other people watching it, whether it was fan service quality or progressive developments. I can't really remember the plot, or how any of the stuff I do remember connects to each other, though I found most any of those moments to be good. I will say that Guinan being written like that for the 90's version was really unfounded, though I probably wouldn't have made a video about it ala Steve Shives's
..What mirror universe?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Also re:data

I liked how Data and Lore were sharing a quantum state where everyone outside didn’t know if he was alive. Also Spot was one of the last artifacts of data’s subconscious.
..What mirror universe?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Season 1 was great with a bad finish.

Season 2 was terrible but I had a lot of fun with it. Pat Benetar and the Borg Queen is beautifully stupid.

Season 3 was....pretty generic and I was still mad we didn't have anyone from the previous two seasons but Raffi.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:20 pm Season 1 was great with a bad finish.
Read this line and dismissed your opinion on the show. Season was garbage through and through. :P
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Madner Kami wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:22 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:20 pm Season 1 was great with a bad finish.
Read this line and dismissed your opinion on the show. Season was garbage through and through. :P
Yeah, there's a lot of Star Trek fans who I can't stand the visions of. I really wanted more world-building of the failed Romulan state, the Neutral Zone now being a free-for-all, and the Federation no longer living up to its own ideals.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:48 pmI really wanted more world-building of the failed Romulan state, the Neutral Zone now being a free-for-all, and the Federation no longer living up to its own ideals.
That sounds like an interesting premise. Instead we got nonsensical Space-AI-Cuthulhu.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Madner Kami wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:01 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:48 pmI really wanted more world-building of the failed Romulan state, the Neutral Zone now being a free-for-all, and the Federation no longer living up to its own ideals.
That sounds like an interesting premise. Instead we got nonsensical Space-AI-Cuthulhu.
Like I said, the last two episodes sucked.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:48 pm
Madner Kami wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:22 pm
Yeah, there's a lot of Star Trek fans who I can't stand the visions of. I really wanted more world-building of the failed Romulan state, the Neutral Zone now being a free-for-all, and the Federation no longer living up to its own ideals.
And how was it to fit into irl themes of today?
..What mirror universe?