Lower Decks Season 4

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Lower Decks Season 4

Post by hammerofglass »

Kinda weird to have Tendi suddenly so friend-thirsty for T'Lyn one episode after they did an adventure together and it never came up.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I dunno, it fits with her general character.

I loved this episode, but then I've been loving this whole season. The sneaky Romulan joke really landed with me. Was a little surprised that Caitians used to eat Betazoids, although that means a whole 'nother branch of fetish fuel for a certain community. Expect even more Dr. T'ana fanart.

This episode overall struck a great balance of funny and heartwarming. I'm loving the dynamic between Mariner and T'lyn. That Mariner Eyebrow Raise was Chef's Kiss.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:36 pm I dunno, it fits with her general character.

I loved this episode, but then I've been loving this whole season. The sneaky Romulan joke really landed with me. Was a little surprised that Caitians used to eat Betazoids, although that means a whole 'nother branch of fetish fuel for a certain community. Expect even more Dr. T'ana fanart.

This episode overall struck a great balance of funny and heartwarming. I'm loving the dynamic between Mariner and T'lyn. That Mariner Eyebrow Raise was Chef's Kiss.
Is that your way of saying, ''it kind of came out of left field?''
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Is there some joke or reference I'm missing out on?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:36 pm The sneaky Romulan joke really landed with me.
Me too.
I got nothing to say here.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

In other Lower Decks stuff the most recent Very Short Treks about Holograms is actually worth a watch.

Though I can't believe I'm saying this, and it might be heretical to say such a thing on this forum, but I think it would have been better if it had ended on Neelix :D
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

stryke wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:49 am In other Lower Decks stuff the most recent Very Short Treks about Holograms is actually worth a watch.

Though I can't believe I'm saying this, and it might be heretical to say such a thing on this forum, but I think it would have been better if it had ended on Neelix :D
Your membership-status in this community just was changed to "Rogue Outcast". Now everybody has the obligation to beat your ass with a cheese-bacteria infected neurogel-pack (may be stuffed into a sock at the member's choice) once a day...
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Apparently a lot of reviewers are missing out on the neurodivergent angle of this episode. Did that seem as obvious to everyone else as it was to me?
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:53 pm Apparently a lot of reviewers are missing out on the neurodivergent angle of this episode. Did that seem as obvious to everyone else as it was to me?
Certainly seen a whole bunch of other people pick up on that so they all saw it as a theme too.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:53 pm Apparently a lot of reviewers are missing out on the neurodivergent angle of this episode. Did that seem as obvious to everyone else as it was to me?
Seems par for the course for most reactionary leaning Trek fans.
..What mirror universe?