Hamas Attacks Israel

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by clearspira »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:37 pm As someone I knew once said, "Just because you're an oppressed minority doesn't mean you're not an asshole."
Who is the oppressed minority in this case?
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Madner Kami wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:03 am
ProfessorDetective wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:57 am By the stars above, it's Helter Skelter...
Huh?
Charles Manson, infamous serial killer and cult leader, started his cult and committed his gruesome murders in an attempt to ignite an apocalyptic race war in the USA. He was supposedly instructed to do this from messages encoded in Beatles songs, most famously "Helter Skelter". "Helter Skelter" would become the shorthand for his whole plot.

I'm just seeing a parallels with these killings.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:38 pmI'm just seeing a parallels with these killings.
Explain please.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Madner Kami wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:07 pm
ProfessorDetective wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:38 pmI'm just seeing a parallels with these killings.
Explain please.
Terrorist makes terrorist attacks to start war. As terrorists do.

Manson's strategy was hardly new.

And the horrific crimes are designed to ignite the maximum amount of backlash by targeting peace protests, foreign tourists, children, and women (with sexual assault to boot).
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:10 pm
Explain please.
If it's just that, then yes. I was kinda expecting something less mundane, which completely eluded me.
CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:10 pmAnd the horrific crimes are designed to ignite the maximum amount of backlash by targeting peace protests, foreign tourists, children, and women (with sexual assault to boot).
I wonder when attacking men will become something that is expected to produce backlash, rather than being ignored. Sexual assault on them can already be marked with a check-box, as some videos including solid, rod-formed objects prooved.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Madner Kami wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:45 pmI wonder when attacking men will become something that is expected to produce backlash, rather than being ignored. Sexual assault on them can already be marked with a check-box, as some videos including solid, rod-formed objects proved.
The thing is that these attacks are not random in their violence. The actions being done are being calculated in their heinousness and spite for the explicit purpose of invoking as much outrage and disgust as possible. When they commit the atrocities they do, which include some truly nausea inducing actions only getting worse, they're doing so in a way most designed to invoke retaliation.

The sexual assaults on the women are ordered and theatrical with bodies paraded in the streets because, yeah, that's what they want to do to get attention.

I'm sure they're not above doing the same to men but the point is playing on fears and prejudices.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:44 pmprejudices.
I noticed.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

clearspira wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:39 am Israel will now rain down fire upon Gaza and it'll have the moral high ground based purely on acts such as these.
This is the point I take issue with. You know there's innocent civilians in Gaza too, right? Just because the attackers came from there doesn't make any and all reprisal attacks morally justified.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Madner Kami wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:45 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:10 pm
Explain please.
If it's just that, then yes. I was kinda expecting something less mundane, which completely eluded me.
CharlesPhipps wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:10 pmAnd the horrific crimes are designed to ignite the maximum amount of backlash by targeting peace protests, foreign tourists, children, and women (with sexual assault to boot).
I wonder when attacking men will become something that is expected to produce backlash, rather than being ignored. Sexual assault on them can already be marked with a check-box, as some videos including solid, rod-formed objects prooved.
I like to call this ''Schrodinger's Feminism'' whereby women are simultaneously strong and powerful and yet also weak and fragile.

Much is spoken of the ''red pill'' and I have to say once you start noticing ''Schrodinger's Feminism'' you cannot unsee it. Its always ''women and children''. Whenever something happens. Be is war, massacre, natural disaster. Its always ''one thousand dead PLUS two hundred women and children'' as if their lives are automatically worth more. And yet turn on Netflix or Disney Plus and what do you see? Film after film of STRONG FEMALE PROTAGONISTS kicking around guys twice and their size. Turn on any commercial break and you'll see guys unable to operate a washing machine or sort out the family finances without his much more intelligent wife helping him as if he is little more than Lenny from Of Mice and Men. And people wonder why young boys being raised in such a society can be manipulated by a man like Andrew Tate.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:31 pm
clearspira wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:39 am Israel will now rain down fire upon Gaza and it'll have the moral high ground based purely on acts such as these.
This is the point I take issue with. You know there's innocent civilians in Gaza too, right? Just because the attackers came from there doesn't make any and all reprisal attacks morally justified.
How often do you think about the tens of thousands of innocent civilians that the US has killed since 9/11? And is still doing so today predominately due to continuous drone strikes?

How often do you think about the two decades your country spent in Afghanistan?

Does it ever interfere with your day at all?

TL;DR Your words would carry more weight with me if you didn't do the exact same thing in response to a terror attack as Israel is doing right now.