Hamas Attacks Israel

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by CharlesPhipps »

phantom000 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:48 pm
So why can't the Palestinians live there as well?
Because the Palestinians deserve their own country with its own water, electricity, and food supply.

Israel's Far Right government has repeatedly sabotaged any attempt to the two state solution.

But they sure as shit don't want the Palestinians as citizens with equal rights either.

So the entirety of Netanyahu's government has been trying to slowly force them out of their own defacto nation while not negotiating in good faith. Hamas, of course, depends on this to stay in power.

Unfortunately, under Trump (of fucking course), all the progress to a two state solution that had been made under (of all people) George W. Bush and Obama was dissolved as he gave Netanyahu blanket permission to go forward with settlements and covert support to pushing them out the entire way through. His "Middle Eastern Peace" being essentially "Don't give the Palestinians any guarantees for anything and let them be forced off their land."
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

phantom000 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:52 pm
clearspira wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:40 pm
I think this picture puts things into perspective somewhat. If not Israel - where? Where do the Jews get to have their one single country?
I think you're asking the wrong question. The real issue here is not where but why; why do the Jews need to have their one single country? What makes them so special they get to push everyone else out of the way?
50 Muslim majority countries.
15 Christian majority countries.
10 Catholic majority countries.
7 Buddhist majority countries.
3 Hindu majority countries.
1 Jewish majority country.

I'll counter your ''asking the wrong question'' with another ''asking the wrong question.''
Why does everyone else get more countries than the Jews by a multiple factors?

And when you are pondering that, I will once again repeat what I already said: they need their own country because EVERYONE ELSE historically pushes THEM out. You do know that a bulk of the population of Israel fled there after Germany decided to gas, burn and shoot a million of them? There is an historical irrational hatred of Jews due to some bollocks or another that persists to this day even without Israel. They're the Illuminati don't ya know?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:56 am
phantom000 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:48 pm
So why can't the Palestinians live there as well?
Because the Palestinians deserve their own country with its own water, electricity, and food supply.

Israel's Far Right government has repeatedly sabotaged any attempt to the two state solution.

But they sure as shit don't want the Palestinians as citizens with equal rights either.

So the entirety of Netanyahu's government has been trying to slowly force them out of their own defacto nation while not negotiating in good faith. Hamas, of course, depends on this to stay in power.

Unfortunately, under Trump (of fucking course), all the progress to a two state solution that had been made under (of all people) George W. Bush and Obama was dissolved as he gave Netanyahu blanket permission to go forward with settlements and covert support to pushing them out the entire way through. His "Middle Eastern Peace" being essentially "Don't give the Palestinians any guarantees for anything and let them be forced off their land."
If you think that a two-state solution is possible as long as Hamas exists you are seriously deluded.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Oh, and BTW, that hospital that was bombed? Yeah, that was Hamas. Even President Biden is saying so.

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-hamas ... l-12986662
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

That doesn’t give Israel the right though.
..What mirror universe?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

clearspira wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:22 am If you think that a two-state solution is possible as long as Hamas exists you are seriously deluded.
No shit.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Or as long as Netanyahu's party has influence.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
BBally81
Officer

Post by BBally81 »

This statement from Sesame Street represents my view on the whole situation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

clearspira wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:40 am Oh, and BTW, that hospital that was bombed? Yeah, that was Hamas. Even President Biden is saying so.

I don't particularly trust Biden but I'm willing to reconsider based on what I'm hearing from other sources.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:02 pm
clearspira wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:40 am Oh, and BTW, that hospital that was bombed? Yeah, that was Hamas. Even President Biden is saying so.

I don't particularly trust Biden but I'm willing to reconsider based on what I'm hearing from other sources.
Well, let me put it this way... This is the impact "crater" of the "bomb" the Israelis used to "destroy" the hospital and "several houndred people":

Think about this. Unless it was a device that burrowed into the ground, exploded there and created a shockwave, which only leveled everything behind the camera and left everything else unharmed (except for the cobblestone-pavement where it impacted and burrowed into the underground) - I'll dub this mystical wonder-weapon Shai-Jewhud -, then it very likely didn't deal even nearly as much damage as a JDAM bomb would do and as such, would be an extraordinarilly useless tool to bombard a hospital or, really, anything with it.

For comparison's sake: This is what a JDAM does and below is the impact-area near the hospital.

How likely do you think it is, that Shai-Jewhud killed anyone, but a few cars? Much less makes for an effective weapon of war, used by Israel, rather than a defective rocket on an accidental detour?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox