Hamas Attacks Israel

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by clearspira »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:02 am So apparently Israel was really beneficial to the west with Soviet intelligence gathering, which would explain how rooted the relationship with the US is. Since around the days of Goldeneye though I’m not sure yet how things have played out.
Israel is still beneficial to the US as the only friendly country surrounded by people who want to knock American buildings down.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

TGLS wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:45 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:07 pm Once again, I have to ask the question that nobody answered. Why are Democrats supporting this? What is their motive? What do they get out of it? I already know why the Republicans are doing it, but the Democrats I don't understand.
Well lots of Americans are Pro-Israel
With respect to Fuzzy, I don't think that he quite understands the concept of "pissing off voters when we are approaching an election year and your opinion polls are already in the gutter."
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:07 pm Once again, I have to ask the question that nobody answered. Why are Democrats supporting this? What is their motive? What do they get out of it? I already know why the Republicans are doing it, but the Democrats I don't understand.
It’s not as if there’s no good reason to support them as a state. The decision to do so for that matter has always been made with a 10 foot pole as far as Democratic or Republican agendas go precisely because of prime directive style reasoning on an international level, and that apparently was enough for the state to have continuous and consistent relations on the matter. That is until Trump came around.

I think it’s an interesting question myself.
..What mirror universe?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

clearspira wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:05 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:02 am So apparently Israel was really beneficial to the west with Soviet intelligence gathering, which would explain how rooted the relationship with the US is. Since around the days of Goldeneye though I’m not sure yet how things have played out.
Israel is still beneficial to the US as the only friendly country surrounded by people who want to knock American buildings down.
Yeah that’s largely the benefit to them as well. All of the Arab states that surround them had budding support from the Soviet Union.
..What mirror universe?
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/israel-m ... 3d70b2aadc

On Saturday, security cabinet member and Agriculture Minister Avi Dichter sat for a television interview with an Israeli news network. Dichter is part of the right-wing nationalist Likud party, which Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu chairs.

“We are now rolling out the Gaza Nakba,” Dichter said when asked if the recent images of northern Gaza residents evacuating south are comparable to images of the 1948 Nakba.

“From an operational point of view, there is no way to wage a war ― as the IDF seeks to do in Gaza ― with masses between the tanks and the soldiers,” he continued, according to a translation of the interview by Haaretz.

The Nakba, which in Arabic means “catastrophe,” refers to the mass displacement and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians during the 1948 Arab-Israeli war. Palestine was considered a multi-ethnic society until the tension between Arab and Jewish people rose as a result of both Jews migrating to flee persecution in Europe, as well as the Zionist movement attempting to establish a Jewish ethnostate in Palestine.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:40 am https://www.huffpost.com/entry/israel-m ... 3d70b2aadc

On Saturday, security cabinet member and Agriculture Minister Avi Dichter sat for a television interview with an Israeli news network. Dichter is part of the right-wing nationalist Likud party, which Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu chairs.

“We are now rolling out the Gaza Nakba,” Dichter said when asked if the recent images of northern Gaza residents evacuating south are comparable to images of the 1948 Nakba.

“From an operational point of view, there is no way to wage a war ― as the IDF seeks to do in Gaza ― with masses between the tanks and the soldiers,” he continued, according to a translation of the interview by Haaretz.

The Nakba, which in Arabic means “catastrophe,” refers to the mass displacement and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians during the 1948 Arab-Israeli war. Palestine was considered a multi-ethnic society until the tension between Arab and Jewish people rose as a result of both Jews migrating to flee persecution in Europe, as well as the Zionist movement attempting to establish a Jewish ethnostate in Palestine.
Netanyahu then told that minister to shut the fuck up.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.timeso ... -gaza/amp/
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

clearspira wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:34 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:40 am https://www.huffpost.com/entry/israel-m ... 3d70b2aadc

Netanyahu then told that minister to shut the fuck up.

But, crucially, didn't remove him from his post. Imagine Dominic Raab arguing for the ethnic cleansing of Northern Ireland, nuking Scotland and not getting axed for it. There's no way around acknowledging, that Israel's current government is made up of far-right extremists, where the Likud, as the most "moderate" force, ranges somewhere between standing to the right of MAGA, being the role model for the AfD or being the British Conservative Party except also arguing for the annexation of Normandy and the Republic of Ireland and it only gets worse from there, when looking at the other parties of the coalition, where some are straight up on the level of the NSDAP and worse, because the Nuztis "at least only argued" for a racist ethnostate, rather than a religious and racist ethnostate...
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

clearspira wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:34 am Netanyahu then told that minister to shut the fuck up.

Yeah, it's like, don't give the game away, dude!
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

https://youtu.be/pJ9PKQbkJv8

John Oliver talks about the conflict between Netanyahu and Hamas.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

So, Israel's been attacking a hospital. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/11/ ... sraels-war I've heard that all the journalists there are being arrested but I haven't found a source for that.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville