Zero Punctuation is no more

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: Zero Punctuation is no more

Post by hammerofglass »

Deledrius wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:09 pm

I wish Ellis still made videos, as her later-year essays were some of her best work. I've got all her books though.
She's been back for a while actually, just puts everything on Nebula instead of YouTube.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Deledrius wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:09 pm
clearspira wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 9:03 pm That's interesting. Y'know... i've always kind of wondered why the ex-Channel Awesome guys never did that themselves. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts and they would have had the name recognition to try it. Let's be honest, its only really Angry Joe of the non-Walker clan members who has thrived since CA disbanded. Some of them do OK of course but they aren't over the one million sub mark like he is. It might be too late to try now, a lot of their names are probably lost on Zoomers after so long.

They were mates but not business partners, I guess.
I think the simplest answer is that they really had nothing in common except all being under the CA banner for a time. A few of them did clump up into mini-groups (like Chez Apocalypse), but I don't think that was really as beneficial by that time as it was in the early days of Channel Awesome. Also, by the time that CA imploded the landscape had changed, both in terms of content and audiences. Some have stuck with it and still make good content. Others moved on.

I wish Ellis still made videos, as her later-year essays were some of her best work. I've got all her books though.
That is a good point. A lot of it is rather primitive by today's standards. That is probably why Angry Joe still does so well. Spoony might have been able to stay with the times, he had a creative mind. His Ultima retrospective is honestly still one of the best on YouTube.
We used to argue whether Star Trek or Star Wars was better. Now we argue which one is worse.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

Guess Lindsey Ellis is keeping more of a low profile since that time she got cancelled.
clearspira wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:43 pm That is a good point. A lot of it is rather primitive by today's standards. That is probably why Angry Joe still does so well. Spoony might have been able to stay with the times, he had a creative mind. His Ultima retrospective is honestly still one of the best on YouTube.
Not checked on Angry Joe in ages, but surprised to hear he's doing well. Must be several years back when I bailed when his viewership was in outright rebellion. Mix of him trying to do stuff he really wasn't suited for like cinema reviews, low effort content like round table discussions, and super long waits between actual content. Good for him though if he's turned it round.

Spoony though couldn't even deal with the old times let alone the newer ones. That guy had that regrettable mix of genuine talent constantly sabotaged by a lack of good sense and just general instability.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

yeah, wish Spoony wasn't so pride ful.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

He had a lot of serious issues behind the scenes and got fired from KODT magazine for his trademark style.

I don't blame him for delta-ing.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Well someone enjoyed being allowed to swear again I see.

Funny how much more that stick figure avatar looks like him just by adding glasses.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Zero punctuation is dead, long live Full Ramblonatic.
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

The noticeable changes kind of made me laugh. I mean, I get it, but it does make FR feel like an upgrade which it totally is.
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.