The Left was Anti-War even during the lead up to WW2 (and the Right was not)

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Nobody700
Officer

Re: The Left was Anti-War even during the lead up to WW2 (and the Right was not)

Post by Nobody700 »

MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 9:54 pm
Nobody700 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:23 pm
MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:01 pm
Nobody700 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:30 pm
MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:49 pm
McAvoy wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:30 am
MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:30 am
Nobody700 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:22 pm So I wanna ask... what's the point of this thread? Like, legit, what's the argument being pushed for or against, or the evidence being made?
It also annoys me how often people treat this War as the one no one is allowed to disagree on.
World War 2 or World War 1?

Ths second world war was pretty damned simple. Beat the Nazis. End of story. Beat Japan. End of story. Italy unfortunately got caught up in that BS.

WW1 is a different story altogether. The war was brewing to be sure and was bound to happen but it could have been avoided. At least more so than the second World War.
The Nazis were Europe's problem, America should have stayed out of it and certainly should have stayed out of Asia.
Thanks for confirming what I suspected.
It's I said in the OP.
So your whole argument, rereading what you wrote, is that it's wrong for America to fight the Nazis. No matter what, it was wrong. Even though the Nazis had been sabotaging American factories and planning fake terror attacks to push pro Nazi forces to elections to take over, like they did in Germany and Austria. Or the fact they had plans to invade and take over the world, and were biding their time and building up arms and men before invasions. Got it.
I ignore absurd Conspiracy Theories whether they come from the Left or the Right. The Nazis had no hope of pulling off any of that. And they were only trying because FDR was never actually Neutral.
Yeah so this whole thread was to spread your stupid gospel about how the Nazis were in the right, don't worry leaving this convo.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: The Left was Anti-War even during the lead up to WW2 (and the Right was not)

Post by Madner Kami »

Nobody700 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:04 pmYeah so this whole thread was to spread your stupid gospel about how the Nazis were in the right, don't worry leaving this convo.
Olorin is one of the few people, who I actively avoid reading or replying to. He's not actively hostile or offensive, but still complete cloud cukoo land. The stated goals of the german Nutzis were, to annex the majority of Russia. Western and Northern Europe just kinda happened without actually intending to but were certainly welcome and the next step after that, was the complete erradication of all Jews, Slavic People, Poles, Romanians and Gypsis. Mind you, that's the entirety of Russia, Belorussia, Ukraine and the vast majority of the Balkans. You'd think that the 17 million people who died in labour-and concentration-camps, in addition to roughly 27 million soviet people who died on the battlefields and through bombings, deliberate hunger-campaigns and killings was bad, but no, that was but the beginning, according to the stated goals of the Nutzis. Japan was equally ambitioned and creative in their methods of killing and expansion and Italy, if it would have had the chance, would've done the same in Africa and the Mediterranean, though less genocidal than the other two. Unless you were an Arab or African of course. But hey, if you think that this isn't a good reason to intervene before it's too late and you stand alone, well, Kissinger thought the same. If that's your chosen company, Olorin, then be my guest.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Madner Kami wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:24 pm
Nobody700 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:04 pmYeah so this whole thread was to spread your stupid gospel about how the Nazis were in the right, don't worry leaving this convo.
Olorin is one of the few people, who I actively avoid reading or replying to. He's not actively hostile or offensive, but still complete cloud cukoo land. The stated goals of the german Nutzis were, to annex the majority of Russia. Western and Northern Europe just kinda happened without actually intending to but were certainly welcome and the next step after that, was the complete erradication of all Jews, Slavic People, Poles, Romanians and Gypsis. Mind you, that's the entirety of Russia, Belorussia, Ukraine and the vast majority of the Balkans. You'd think that the 17 million people who died in labour-and concentration-camps, in addition to roughly 27 million soviet people who died on the battlefields and through bombings, deliberate hunger-campaigns and killings was bad, but no, that was but the beginning, according to the stated goals of the Nutzis. Japan was equally ambitioned and creative in their methods of killing and expansion and Italy, if it would have had the chance, would've done the same in Africa and the Mediterranean, though less genocidal than the other two. Unless you were an Arab or African of course. But hey, if you think that this isn't a good reason to intervene before it's too late and you stand alone, well, Kissinger thought the same. If that's your chosen company, Olorin, then be my guest.
1. Never heard Nutzi before and I'm mad that I had come to such a thing at this age and not earlier. I'd also go with Nardzis and Gutzi, as in, we can see your guts after killing you.
2. This man really argued that the Nazis would not have just... refused to let jewish people leave when they really REALLY wanted them dead.
3. I bet he believes in the lost cause, given his weird ass arguments.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

Nobody700 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:34 pm
1. Never heard Nutzi before and I'm mad that I had come to such a thing at this age and not earlier. I'd also go with Nardzis and Gutzi, as in, we can see your guts after killing you.
2. This man really argued that the Nazis would not have just... refused to let jewish people leave when they really REALLY wanted them dead.
Before the War started they actively trying to just kick the Jews out, they even made a deal with Zionists which AntiZionists still weaponize to this day.

My greater point is the Nazis would have lost even if the US wasn't involved, it was the USSR that did most work anyway.

If France and Britain had dealt with them sooner and been willing to work with the USSR sooner instead of Appeasing the War would have been a lot less Bloody.
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:52 pm
Nobody700 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:34 pm
Before the War started they actively trying to just kick the Jews out, they even made a deal with Zionists which AntiZionists still weaponize to this day.

My greater point is the Nazis would have lost even if the US wasn't involved, it was the USSR that did most work anyway.

If France and Britain had dealt with them sooner and been willing to work with the USSR sooner instead of Appeasing the War would have been a lot less Bloody.
They also had the opportunity in 1935 to form an Alliance to Contain Germany with Italy and the USSR but blew it because they wanted to be moralizing Hypocrites about Ethiopia.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Nobody700 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:34 pm1. Never heard Nutzi before and I'm mad that I had come to such a thing at this age and not earlier. I'd also go with Nardzis and Gutzi, as in, we can see your guts after killing you.
I came across it a few years ago myself. First only as a malapropism in some YouTube-video and later I realized, that you can bypass some particularly silly word filters in certain online media and still fully transport the meaning and the "sound" of the word that way. Be my guest and spread the usage.
MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:52 pmBefore the War started they actively trying to just kick the Jews out, they even made a deal with Zionists which AntiZionists still weaponize to this day.
Hitler was named Chancellor on January 30th, 1933. The Reichstagsbrandverordnung (Decree regarding the Burning of the Reichstag/Parliamentary Building), the decree that nullified all civil rights, happened on February 28th 1933. The Ermächtigungsgesetz (Enabling Act), which removed all legislative power from the Reichstag (the Reichstag both being the parliamentary building in Berlin, as well as the name for the parliament at the time), was done on March 24th, 1933. You know when the first Concentration Camp opened for service? Two. Days. Prior. KZ Dachau. I'm certain you heard the name. If you or anyone thinks that anything but the complete obliteration of whoever the Nutzis deemed an enemy was the general idea, then you haven't been paying attention. Erradication was the expressed goal in "Mein Kampf" and stuff like the Madagaskarplan, encouring Jews to emmigrate (without anything but the clothes they were wearing) or deporting unwanted populations into the "Lebensraum Ost", was but a means to get rid of people they didn't yet dare to eliminate on an industrial scale openly.
MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:52 pmMy greater point is the Nazis would have lost even if the US wasn't involved, it was the USSR that did most work anyway.
Maybe, maybe not. The simple fact of the matter is, that the Wehrmacht conquered the entirety of Western and Northern Europe and the Balkans with the exception of it's allies, Switzerland and Sweden and still ended up in the outskirts of Moskau despite the extreme logistical support of the USSR through the US. Take that logistical effort away and things would've quite likely looked a whole lot different. The simple fact of the matter is, that the vast majorty of russian logistics was carried by american trucks, fueled by american fuel and done by people fed with american food. Without all that... Good luck making the Wehrmacht stop on the outskirts.
MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:52 pmIf France and Britain had dealt with them sooner and been willing to work with the USSR sooner instead of Appeasing the War would have been a lot less Bloody.
France was in no position to wage another large scale war, neither economically, nor morally and certainly not militarilly. And Britain never could wage a land-war on it's own in Europe in modern times. Britain got it's Navy and it's colonies. Whenever they faced a proper land power and can't leverage their Navy, they got their arses handed to them, because they just do not have enough manpower. Besides that, weren't you just arguing for non-intervention? And now you argue that someone should've? What now?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

The U.S. was on a different, that why it was not the U.S.'s concern.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:51 am The U.S. was on a different, that why it was not the U.S.'s concern.
So the deaths of a couple houndred million people and their opression under goose-stepping boot-heels is not your concern, as long as it doesn't happen in the US. But somehow it's the UK's problem what happens in Germany or the USSR? Or France's problem what happens in Germany? Tell me, why didn't you vote for Trump? He's very clearly your kind of guy.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I know, we're deeply ashamed of a lot of our past.
Nobody700
Officer

Post by Nobody700 »

Madner Kami wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:00 am
MithrandirOlorin wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:51 am The U.S. was on a different, that why it was not the U.S.'s concern.
So the deaths of a couple houndred million people and their opression under goose-stepping boot-heels is not your concern, as long as it doesn't happen in the US. But somehow it's the UK's problem what happens in Germany or the USSR? Or France's problem what happens in Germany? Tell me, why didn't you vote for Trump? He's very clearly your kind of guy.
Dude, he's never gonna admit he's wrong, he clearly is too far gone.