Use of transporters and shields

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Use of transporters and shields

Post by McAvoy »

Nobody700 wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 9:01 pm Well that would have had Enterprise remember it was a prequel... which would have gotten in the way of being Voyager Lite.

It is INSANE to me that Enterprise season 1-3... TOTALLY just kinda gloss over it's a prequel. Even season 3, which is good... CAN just be anywhere else in Trek era with some minor tweaking.
I don't know if it was the Powers That Be or Berman and Braga being burned out that made it like that. Or combination of both. Who was it that just basically wanted the Enterprise to be the Akira class?

I kinda felt that they coukd have done the Excelsior and Sulu series placed in the early 24th century. Like ten years after ST6. That way they could have still done stories using Star Trek tech like phasers and transporters. Used the movie era uniforms which they still had. Had the CGI model already. George Takai would have been only 64 in 2001. Coukd even pass the torch to a new captain and have Sulu as an Admiral directing the Excelsior to missions in small cameos at times.
I got nothing to say here.
Nobody700
Captain

Re: Use of transporters and shields

Post by Nobody700 »

Yeah like... but that requires WORK and that's hard.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.