45 Promises a "Unified Reich"

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

45 Promises a "Unified Reich"

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

https://www.rawstory.com/not-an-acciden ... 668333334/

Like he is really, REALLY saying the quiet part out loud now. I hope and pray this manages to scare off some undecided and unaffilated voters.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: 45 Promises a "Unified Reich"

Post by hammerofglass »

I doubt it will make a difference. Anyone who hasn't known what he is since Charlottesville at the absolute latest is actively choosing not to see it.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

I guess then it really is true that one third of this country would kill the other third while the remaining third watched.
ProfessorDetective
Captain

Post by ProfessorDetective »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:02 pm I guess then it really is true that one third of this country would kill the other third while the remaining third watched.
Then be genuinely surprised when the first third comes after THEM later on.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

ProfessorDetective wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:39 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:02 pm I guess then it really is true that one third of this country would kill the other third while the remaining third watched.
Then be genuinely surprised when the first third comes after THEM later on.
Because there will be no one left to speak for them...
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:39 pm https://www.rawstory.com/not-an-acciden ... 668333334/

Like he is really, REALLY saying the quiet part out loud now. I hope and pray this manages to scare off some undecided and unaffilated voters.
Honestly, despite Trump's cognitive issues and some of his leanings that fall in line with a certain Reich, I doubt this would have been put in through his PR people.
I got nothing to say here.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

McAvoy wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 3:19 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 5:39 pm https://www.rawstory.com/not-an-acciden ... 668333334/

Honestly, despite Trump's cognitive issues and some of his leanings that fall in line with a certain Reich, I doubt this would have been put in through his PR people.
I've heard Trump has a habit of surrounding himself with people who only tell him what he wants to hear; kinda like a certain someone I should not need to mention.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

His administration has been known to be a walking confirmation bias with a revolving door of cabinetry.
Power laces... alright.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Apparently it's not true. https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/24/media/tr ... YR0-rLGPpm Color me surprised but relieved.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

The problem is "too incompetent to use a template" and "used the template specifically because they liked that part" are both completely believable.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.