Demolition Man

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
McAvoy
Captain

Re: Demolition Man

Post by McAvoy »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:48 am
McAvoy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:50 pm I agree. It should have been a bit further in the future for a society like this to be this fully formed the way it is.

I am actually surprised Chuck skipped over the one bit of nude scene in the movie. The video call Spartan got after he got kicked out of Huxley's place for suggesting good ole' old fashioned sex. The video call of a near naked woman. Which does fly in the face of what we just saw. Implications of it would be interesting. Some have called it a plot hole.
That woman might have been naked, but that might have been the extent of any expected encounter.
I don't know. What I am seeing it as a of sexting from a movie that wouldn't even know the term. You could take it as face value and say they are doing the whole 5th grade 'you me yours and I show you mine' thing but to me it looks like some hard flirting. Something that may lead to the good ole fashioned physical sex thing.

Which is why that one scene makes for a interesting discussion. As in what are we seeing. Are we seeing some people just showing off their no-no parts or are we seeing people going against the Utopian society that has been shown in the movie?

Like this society is only a thin vineer and the general population is blasting 80's Metallica while screwing each other in sex swings at the same time chomping down on a 3/4 pound burger and using every single curse word known to man on top of a bed of toilet paper?
I got nothing to say here.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

McAvoy wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 2:18 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:48 am
McAvoy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:50 pm I agree. It should have been a bit further in the future for a society like this to be this fully formed the way it is.

I am actually surprised Chuck skipped over the one bit of nude scene in the movie. The video call Spartan got after he got kicked out of Huxley's place for suggesting good ole' old fashioned sex. The video call of a near naked woman. Which does fly in the face of what we just saw. Implications of it would be interesting. Some have called it a plot hole.
That woman might have been naked, but that might have been the extent of any expected encounter.
I don't know. What I am seeing it as a of sexting from a movie that wouldn't even know the term. You could take it as face value and say they are doing the whole 5th grade 'you me yours and I show you mine' thing but to me it looks like some hard flirting. Something that may lead to the good ole fashioned physical sex thing.
I suppose, but I don't know what you expect to happen through video lines without physical contact. And all you see is non-suggestive behavior otherwise.
..What mirror universe?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Wouldn't it be dark if John did meet his daughter, only to learn she is on her death bed?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Would it be horrible if that woman with her boobs out was John Daughter, neither one knowing who the other is.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I took the nude scene to be one of nonsexual (in-universe) fanservice.

She's a woman making a phone call and just happened to be undressed. Nudity doesn't seem to be the problem in this world so much as, "eww, touching."

John and his partner have VR sex after all.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

I don't know I took the scene as sexting. I also don't know if this society would be okay or not okay with nudity either. Just not enough is given to make that determination. Aka free the nipple sort of thing.

Which is why I said I was surprised Chuck skipped over it. I get it, it's the 90's action flick and you gotta sneak in some breasts in it.
I got nothing to say here.
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

I figure Chuck skipped it because putting black boxes over the naughty bits is a pain.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Fianna wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:22 pm I figure Chuck skipped it because putting black boxes over the naughty bits is a pain.
He didn't completely cut the scene out of the review, so he did have to censor her - with three sea shells. Might've been in the background video.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

What's the difference between the two Background videos?
..What mirror universe?
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

stellar_coyote wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:18 am Unless the words "lick" and "ass" have changed so drastically in the future that there's no way in God's green earth that stringing those two together doesn't conjure up going ass-to-mouth, Huxley really should've put some thought into what she was going to say before saying it.
Given that the word "lick" can be synonymous with "beat", it's not that big a stretch. Timex's slogan was "takes a licking and keeps on ticking" after all. There's some intentional throwback in the lingo here, perhaps to reflect the prudish nature of this society, and I don't doubt the double entendre being lost on her is possibly intentional.
stryke wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:44 am Also the background blew my mind with some actor faceblindness.

I'm pretty sure I saw Yes, Minister second which is a show that I loved and never pegged once that my favourite character would go on to play the bad guy from Demolition Man.
Funny, I recognize him (well, his voice) from The Black Cauldron!