Trump vs Biden^H^H^H^H^H Harris: Kamala Rising

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Nobody700
Officer

Re: Trump vs Biden: the return

Post by Nobody700 »

So apparently theirs a billionare who is telling Dems he's giving campaign funding to say Biden is unfit or he'll pull funding, which... honestly everyone is talking about Biden's age or how every democrat wants him dropped and not how Trump won't even go to the funeral of a guy who got killed cause of him, but DID bring a FAKE firefighter outfit of the guy with his name spelled wrong and kissed it... which is... WHAT?!
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

If Biden is going to drop out I have a theory on what he is going to do but it depends on if he wins or not.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

In the face of Project 2025, I am so glad the Democrats are all coming together and not degenerating into infighting RIGHT ON THE FUCKING CUSP OF THE ELECTION.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

:(
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

So Biden will not seek reelection.

May I start screaming now?
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Wait what going on here?
m4a2000
Officer

Post by m4a2000 »

Joe Biden withdraws from US presidential election race
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c1e5xpdzkd8o
It's OK to make mistakes as long as you don't make the same ones. If you do then you're not learning.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

m4a2000 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:03 pm So Biden will not seek reelection.

Screaming, why? Admittedly I'm somewhat removed, being in a completely different country, but the impression I've been getting is that the longer he hung on the better chance Trump has got. Of course we won't know for certain until later but it's hard for me to see how he could keep running and stand a decent chance of winning. Changing at this stage is a risk of course, but is it less of one than hanging on?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

In one of those normal countries where the entire election lasts six weeks a month to the convention would be plenty of time to do a real primary. But this is America so it's just going to be a coronation with us little people not getting a voice.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Riedquat wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:03 pm
m4a2000 wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2024 6:03 pm So Biden will not seek reelection.

Screaming, why? Admittedly I'm somewhat removed, being in a completely different country, but the impression I've been getting is that the longer he hung on the better chance Trump has got. Of course we won't know for certain until later but it's hard for me to see how he could keep running and stand a decent chance of winning. Changing at this stage is a risk of course, but is it less of one than hanging on?
The issue as I see it is that the Democrats don't have a confident replacement for him yet. Maybe Kamala Harris, but nothing is really on the table yet. Speculation on that is much wider than whether or not he a had a real chance of winning.
..What mirror universe?