Democratic Presidential Candidate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: Democratic Presidential Candidate

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Yeah I think they should have done it a lot earlier. I don't understand why now of all times. Still, the GOP also wasted a lot of time and energy on the "Biden is too old!" thing.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Nobody700
Captain

Post by Nobody700 »

Stupid theory time

Kamala was the first democrat to really explain to Joe how this was a bad thing who didn't start the sentence with the phrases "LISTEN YA OLD FUCK" "Please my billionare friend said this was bad" and "Twitter User Deez Nuts said" but an actual argument on why him running was hurting the Democrats and America as a whole.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Nobody700
Captain

Post by Nobody700 »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mark-kel ... a2640a86d8

VP choice. Many say he's a good guy, and while I cannot argue, the memes he'd be super white are accurate.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Anyone else see this "Cackling Kamala" nickname MAGA is trying out? They've seriously got nothing, that's just sad.

Are they really so divorced from normal humanity that they think "she laughs sometimes" is an insult?
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Have you ever sern trump laugh?

Seriously, ever?
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

J!! wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 11:04 am Have you ever sern trump laugh?

Seriously, ever?
No. Or tell a real joke.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:55 pm Yeah I think they should have done it a lot earlier. I don't understand why now of all times. Still, the GOP also wasted a lot of time and energy on the "Biden is too old!" thing.

Probably a Mix of His Debate performance. Biden needed to show he was the senior statesman, wise and above Trumps childish playground insults

what happened was

"Old Men yell at Clouds and Each other for being Old!"

and The Covid is probably kicking his Ass, Biden might very well had a... "I can't do this again" moment
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I suppose that makes some sense. If nothing else the groundswell of enthusiasm is changing my mind about this move.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Hey I need to play devil advocate, is there anyone else who it could be?
Nobody700
Captain

Post by Nobody700 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 8:42 pm Hey I need to play devil advocate, is there anyone else who it could be?
Yes, Trump shall win the election cause... uh... we really want to beat up women for existing.

Best I got.