Remaining Star Trek Episodes (TOS-SNW)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Re: Remaining Star Trek Episodes (TOS-SNW)

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Oops, double posted.
Last edited by RobbyB1982 on Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody700
Captain

Post by Nobody700 »

The worst part of his enterprise vids is, he already talked about half of season 4 and most of season 3... so he's left with season 2... GOD....

Lots of good DS9 he's yet to talk about... lots of fine as well... some meh. Barely touched season 1. I also await when he talks about... the refugee episode of season 2, or as I call it, the episode of Star Trek Trump wrote.

More TOS will be fun, and TNG, I say lots of good there.

Discovery... meh, Picard, MEHHHHHHH
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

Wish he would do a month of episodes he didn't do yet.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:44 pm Wish he would do a month of episodes he didn't do yet.
? Like he does... every month?

He has new Trek episodes most weekends and a new movie and a bunch of random tv episodes pretty consistently. About half the output most months is new material.

Yes he'd obviously prefer to focus on entirely new stuff, but it's not exactly his fault the old hosting sites are all gone and youtube is the only game left... and it has really strict content policies that require re-editing everything.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

RobbyB1982 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 2:33 am
Thebestoftherest wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2024 4:44 pm Wish he would do a month of episodes he didn't do yet.
? Like he does... every month?

He has new Trek episodes most weekends and a new movie and a bunch of random tv episodes pretty consistently. About half the output most months is new material.

Yes he'd obviously prefer to focus on entirely new stuff, but it's not exactly his fault the old hosting sites are all gone and youtube is the only game left... and it has really strict content policies that require re-editing everything.
Yeah. I do wonder how long it takes him to re-edit each old video. I know he takes down the old intro for each series and puts the standard YouTube version on it, plus probably maybe anything that he would like to add.

My only thing is how some of the videos he does ends up broken up into two or three videos.
I got nothing to say here.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I mean like, having a month that is exclusively star trek.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:29 pm I mean like, having a month that is exclusively star trek.
Maybe he does it this way so he doesn't burn himself out on Trek itself. Do a handful each month, do a movie a month, do a few other series. And that is for episodes he hasn't done yet.
Nobody700
Captain

Post by Nobody700 »

He's still got plenty of SG1, and he's never touched Univese.

Okay so he's got plenty of SG1.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Nobody700 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 4:01 pm He's still got plenty of SG1, and he's never touched Univese.

Okay so he's got plenty of SG1.
Orville, SG-1, Atlantis, The Expanse, etc.

Movies too. Like the Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit (which he should do after Lord of the Rings along with analysis), Terminator movies, Alien movies etc.

One man show. And he has to deal with re-editing the older reviews he did so it fits with YouTube.
stryke
Captain

Post by stryke »

McAvoy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:15 pm Yeah. I do wonder how long it takes him to re-edit each old video. I know he takes down the old intro for each series and puts the standard YouTube version on it, plus probably maybe anything that he would like to add.
I get the impression it's not a simple re-edit as it involves a fair bit of trial and error to come up with a working version that youtube won't flag up. I'm sure that could take all day to get right if youtube is being finickity.