Hamas Attacks Israel

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: Hamas Attacks Israel

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

MightyDavidson wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:47 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:01 am Update: Israel is now ON THE BRINK OF CIVIL WAR because the soldiers want to keep raping prisoners
Well I'd not wish civil war on any nation. That being said, if that gets rid of Bibi and his goons that can only be a good thing.
Well if nazi germany had a civil war, it would save a lot of grief on deserving nations. But yes civil war is probably a never-good kind of thing — in given context.
..What mirror universe?
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:26 pm
MightyDavidson wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2024 1:47 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 6:01 am Update: Israel is now ON THE BRINK OF CIVIL WAR because the soldiers want to keep raping prisoners
Well I'd not wish civil war on any nation. That being said, if that gets rid of Bibi and his goons that can only be a good thing.
Well if nazi germany had a civil war, it would save a lot of grief on deserving nations. But yes civil war is probably a never-good kind of thing — in given context.
I think it more of a "It not a good thing, but it might be the best thing" situation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

There are over ten-thousand protestors in Tel Aviv. Thank goodness the Israeli people are blaming Netanyahu for caring more about blowing up children than freeing the hostages.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

My interpretation of Joe Biden and Israel was always the idea that he was trying to moderate the situation from the inside. Unfortunately, Biden basically underestimated or completely misread Bibi's intentions that were genocidal and driven by fear of prison. He was playing from the handbook that his "
"ally" was a rational actor.

It's similar to how so many people in Europe were caught flat footed by Putin invading Ukraine because they keep assuming that dictators and far right are people who operate by international law or care about ethics.

It was a mistake but the foreign aid provided by America made no actual difference in the war. Sadly, that includes persuading Israel to do anything different.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 2:30 am My interpretation of Joe Biden and Israel was always the idea that he was trying to moderate the situation from the inside. Unfortunately, Biden basically underestimated or completely misread Bibi's intentions that were genocidal and driven by fear of prison. He was playing from the handbook that his "

It's similar to how so many people in Europe were caught flat footed by Putin invading Ukraine because they keep assuming that dictators and far right are people who operate by international law or care about ethics.

It was a mistake but the foreign aid provided by America made no actual difference in the war. Sadly, that includes persuading Israel to do anything different.
Regarding the aid, it wasn't exactly the case that Israel wasn't provoked at some national level. There's plenty of room to condemn Jerusalem while recognizing there was a degree of retaliation expected for what had happened.

And of course, America has always been kept on a pedestal when trying to involve itself between middle-eastern states.
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:14 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 2:30 am My interpretation of Joe Biden and Israel was always the idea that he was trying to moderate the situation from the inside. Unfortunately, Biden basically underestimated or completely misread Bibi's intentions that were genocidal and driven by fear of prison. He was playing from the handbook that his "

Regarding the aid, it wasn't exactly the case that Israel wasn't provoked at some national level.
Israel has been "provoking" Palestine since they took it over and created an apartheid state, but the most recent hostage-taking was done in an attempt to get some of Palestine's own people freed from Israeli prisons. You know, the one where people are often arrested and taken to without charge or violation of a law, and where the army rioted for their right to keep raping prisoners to death.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:17 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:14 am

Regarding the aid, it wasn't exactly the case that Israel wasn't provoked at some national level.
Israel has been "provoking" Palestine since they took it over and created an apartheid state, but the most recent hostage-taking was done in an attempt to get some of Palestine's own people freed from Israeli prisons. You know, the one where people are often arrested and taken to without charge or violation of a law, and where the army rioted for their right to keep raping prisoners to death.
I'm not talking about the recent hostage taking. And putting quotes around the word provoking doesn't make colonization consistent with acts of warfare, in the manner that was carried out no less.
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Which event are you talking about then? There has been a lot going on.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 7:05 pm Which event are you talking about then? There has been a lot going on.
The US being for the most part aligned with Israel in spite of Israel resembling Russia.
..What mirror universe?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Ah okay. Thank you for clarifying.