Shooting at Apalachee High School

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Shooting at Apalachee High School

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

https://theonion.com/no-way-to-prevent- ... y-happens/

Every time this happens I'm posting the Onion headline. Tim Walz got an F from the NRA so maybe they might do something about this if the Democrats win? I hope...
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Re: Shooting at Apalachee High School

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I jsut don't get why america the only country where this happen, is it?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

It totally is. Other countries have gun laws. We have gun fetishists.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

I do think we need to better register them, if you own ten cats your not a responsible cat owner, same with guns.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

What we need are proper red flags that prevent domestic abusers from getting guns, but if we did that we'd have to take guns away from the cops.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:42 pm I jsut don't get why america the only country where this happen, is it?
For developed countries it is not common to have such gun proliferation. Us is also very big at the same time.

There’s lots of countries where stuff like this happens a lot.
..What mirror universe?
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Thebestoftherest wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:42 pm I jsut don't get why america the only country where this happen, is it?
It's not the only one. Even with British gun laws it has happened here, although the laws were made even stricter afterwards. It's rare but not unknown.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Well I wouldn't doubt that it happens in any developed country, but it has become an expected occurrence here.
..What mirror universe?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Look at these school shooters. How many of them had ready access to the guns? Just a stupid amount.

What I want is much stricter gun laws and periodic checks.

I know realsticslly we can never truly ban guns, but at least have laws preventing from these things happening.

Everything else is just the Pro gun lobbyist bullshit to uphold their their bottom line.

My Dad is a pro Trump MAGA kind of voter. He is 74 years old. He grew up on a dairy farm for his first 20 years of his life. He used guns and all that. Even he doesn't understand how people treat guns now. He says they act like they are toys. To him they were tools you used on the farm and he doesn't understand how guns got that way.
I got nothing to say here.
Nobody700
Captain

Post by Nobody700 »

A heavy reminder that most of the NRA leadership... aren't even American, and are funded actively by the Russian government.

Thank god this shit is legal and these people can ruin America.
Science Fiction is a genre where anything can happen. Just make sure what happens is enjoyable for yourself and your audience.