2nd Presidential debate

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: 2nd Presidential debate

Post by hammerofglass »

It's not just that he was easily baited, it was that he was visibly intimidated and she was calling him a loser to his face and laughing at what he thought were great lines. To his deeply racist and misogynist ass it was an absolute nightmare to the point he probably can't process it.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

hammerofglass wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 4:20 am It's not just that he was easily baited, it was that he was visibly intimidated and she was calling him a loser to his face and laughing at what he thought were great lines. To his deeply racist and misogynist ass it was an absolute nightmare to the point he probably can't process it.
In other words the debate hurt his ego.

I have quite a bit of conservative friends. Many of them have conceded that Trump looked worse off than Harris. Now they have made excuses. 3 against 1. Or thar with some she was wearing an earpiece disguised as a earing or that she knew the questions beforehand. Or in one case, she spoke more than Trump. But they do admit that Trump didn't look that good.

As in, they are worried. Really worried that Trump could actually lose this election.
I got nothing to say here.
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

Disappointed we didn't get a Weird Al song about this one.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

McAvoy wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:44 am I think he actually thinks he won that debate.
What he thinks doesn't matter, what's more important to him is how he projects himself to the world. He wants to be seen as a decisive strongman, and admitting to being wrong about anything or even losing something to him is a sign of weakness. He KNOWS he lost the last election, but he would rather die than actually admit that in public. It's all about image.

Anyway, it's nice to see his bullshit get some pushback by moderators. He can blame them for being unfair to him all he likes, but the moderators didn't force him to talk about eating pets and post-birth abortions. That's all on him, and of course he's doubling down on it.
Thebestoftherest
Captain

Post by Thebestoftherest »

hammerofglass wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:02 am Disappointed we didn't get a Weird Al song about this one.
You listen to that channel too?
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Makeshift Python wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:48 am
McAvoy wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2024 2:44 am I think he actually thinks he won that debate.
What he thinks doesn't matter, what's more important to him is how he projects himself to the world. He wants to be seen as a decisive strongman, and admitting to being wrong about anything or even losing something to him is a sign of weakness. He KNOWS he lost the last election, but he would rather die than actually admit that in public. It's all about image.

Anyway, it's nice to see his bullshit get some pushback by moderators. He can blame them for being unfair to him all he likes, but the moderators didn't force him to talk about eating pets and post-birth abortions. That's all on him, and of course he's doubling down on it.
Of course it doesn't matter. And tbh, his followers probably know that too even if they are more than willing to put up excuses too.

Its one of those excuses like the past 3.5 years was horrible, I'd rather have the mean tweets, cheap gas and cheap food than whatever Harris is trying to peddle.

That just shows me how shallow their knowledge of politics is.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

The debate results pleased me, but they also made me angry. Because holy shit, 45 would not have had a chance if journalists DID THEIR YIFFING JOBS instead of sitting back and sane-washing his deranged ramblings into coherent public policy while saving all the hard questions for the democratic candidate. This should NOT be a close election. In a halfway-decent world, 45 would have already seen there was no way he could win and taken Hitler's way out.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
McAvoy
Captain

Post by McAvoy »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:30 am The debate results pleased me, but they also made me angry. Because holy shit, 45 would not have had a chance if journalists DID THEIR YIFFING JOBS instead of sitting back and sane-washing his deranged ramblings into coherent public policy while saving all the hard questions for the democratic candidate. This should NOT be a close election. In a halfway-decent world, 45 would have already seen there was no way he could win and taken Hitler's way out.
I started to notice that myself.

The only theory I got is that they are just reporting what he says and let people figure it out.

Democrats are going to vote for Harris. Most Republicans are going to vote for Trump. Both sides will do it even if they don't like their candidate.

I just recently saw an interaction between two black men today. Two guys I actually know had a big debate about Harris and Trump. Black dude #1 said he was voting for Trump because of what he 'thought' he did for the middle class. Black dude wanted to vote for Harris for various reasons.

But the hammer really came down. Black dude #1 didn't want to vote for a woman. Like at all.
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:30 am The debate results pleased me, but they also made me angry. Because holy shit, 45 would not have had a chance if journalists DID THEIR YIFFING JOBS instead of sitting back and sane-washing his deranged ramblings into coherent public policy while saving all the hard questions for the democratic candidate. This should NOT be a close election. In a halfway-decent world, 45 would have already seen there was no way he could win and taken Hitler's way out.
I doubt we would be so lucky for him to take that way out.

This part however hurts. See I agree with you that if just the facts were reported, then this would likely be practically over. But some would argue that reporters job is not reporting facts, it is selling the story to make a profit. That is why we get more and more bad news in the world. Bad news sells. As do close elections. I believe if Trump had sounded good and Harris was flagging they would have propped her up so the election was 'News worthy'.

It sucks.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

I've seen both her debates. Just saw this one. She's better than most anyone I've seen since 2008. Romney was pretty good.

Trump is somewhat outclassed by her here. He's as good as he usually is, but it's just not enough with her.
..What mirror universe?