The next Star Trek film may be directed by...

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.

Do you think Quentin Tarantino would make a good director for a Star Trek film?

Yes
27%
No
32%
Maybe
41%

Total votes: 22

Admiral X
Captain

Re: The next Star Trek film may be directed by...

Post by Admiral X »

And suddenly that discussion about horses while they wait for the ELF message makes a lot more sense. :lol:
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

Tarantino plus Mark L. Smith of The Revenant?

Just might be "Wagon Train" to the stars after all. See you, Space Cowboy...
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
Lizuka
Officer

Post by Lizuka »

To be honest I've never actually seen anything of Tarantino's (unless you wanna count the episode of Golden Girls he's in), though I'm familiar enough with him to at least be curious what he'd do with it.

If nothing else I'd probably see it if he did it. I never did get around to watching Beyond and don't really intend to.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Lizuka wrote:I never did get around to watching Beyond and don't really intend to.
It's frustrating how often I see this. Beyond was probably the closest to Trek (not perfect, but it was at least trying) out of all three reboot films, but because no one bothered to see it we're likely to get more schlock like the first two if they continue the franchise. OTOH, given the first two films I understand why no one went to see it, at least initially. It's the subsequent refusal despite the praise where the frustration comes in.

This is why we can't have nice things.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

If more people feel like me, I wouldn't call it refusal at all. It's complete and utter disinterest. Everything is a rehash with a twist and it's either all been there already or flying so far off the railing, that it's a terrible decission in the first place. When going to the cinema or watching a series I think I might like, I usually find myself in a mood of either "been there done that" or "trying to be edgy, huh? but cutting yourself isn't edgy", depending on how the subject-matter of Presequel X+1 is treated.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

I can't disagree with the feelings of fatigue, especially on the whole prequel/presequel thing.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Madner Kami wrote:If more people feel like me, I wouldn't call it refusal at all. It's complete and utter disinterest. Everything is a rehash with a twist and it's either all been there already or flying so far off the railing, that it's a terrible decission in the first place. When going to the cinema or watching a series I think I might like, I usually find myself in a mood of either "been there done that" or "trying to be edgy, huh? but cutting yourself isn't edgy", depending on how the subject-matter of Presequel X+1 is treated.
Fiction was always like this. The last innovation was probably sci fi and the realists replacing the romantics. Play sports or something. I do not know what to tell you.
cilantro
Officer

Post by cilantro »

I really don't know about what a Tarantino Star Trek would be like but at least Tarantino understands one aspect why Into Darkness was so stupid

youtu.be/rzNnfKT6IrM

And he did say that he is a Star Trek fan and of Kirk.